IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:43:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 81431 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: November 17, 2017, 01:42:08 PM »
« edited: November 17, 2017, 01:44:24 PM by IceSpear »

Lipinski sucks and should've been taken out a long time ago. This is a safe D district, there's no need for a blue dog. Good for Gillibrand.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 03:22:52 PM »

Stupendous news!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:36:59 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2017, 06:46:24 PM by IceSpear »

HRC should endorse anyone but Lipinski, as long as the Republican doesn’t support an anti-gay marriage amendment.
why?

Your signature is actually a great argument for opposing Lipinski.
Ha Ha. The reason I endorsed him is because I generally think Lipinski is a good guy who is willing to vote against his party occasionally.  I recognize the is the ideological as well as the party outlier in my list, but I like how he is pro life, supports religious freedom, and is more moderate on this fiscal issues.  If D's want to be competitive in places like W. VA or IA again, they will need to run candidates like Lipinski.

1) Dems will never be competitive in West Virginia for the forseeable future no matter what they do.
2) This is Chicago, not West Virginia.
3) Why should Dems try tailor their message to declining small states?
4) Pretty sure Obama won Iowa twice, and he's nothing like Lipinski.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 03:54:41 PM »

It voted for Bernie in the primary and it trended AWAY from the GOP. So it didn't go the way of PA-17 or WI-3 or MI. So it's obviously FINE with socially liberal candidates.
I know, people think this district is stuck in the 70s with the worst stereotypes of Polish trade unionists.

It's a liberal district and deserves a liberal representative.

Atlas is stuck in the past about A LOT of things...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »

Why do you want to get rid of one of the last Blue Dogs?

Why wouldn't you want to get rid of a blue dog in Chicago? It's not like this is a Republican area. In fact, Lipinski is to the right of Alabama's Senator-elect, LOL.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 02:18:03 PM »

I personally don't care about putting effort into primarying incumbent congresscritters unless they are utterly terrible. Lipinski is a safe vote for the Democrats on everything but a couple wedge issues, which I don't see a need to cause a ruckus about (unless he would be spearheading efforts against the gays, which he is not). Not optimal if you are taking the Lipinski situation from a partisan hack perspective, but whatever. Like I said, I don't care. Lipinski will never be a deciding vote on a measure.

Such a safe vote that he voted against Obamacare. How "populist" of him!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 03:53:44 PM »

Stupendous news! Clearly DINO Dan isn't the unbeatable titan that perfectly represents his constituents that many people here think if his own homestate colleagues are comfortable coming out against him. Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 07:13:15 PM »

Stupendous news! Clearly DINO Dan isn't the unbeatable titan that perfectly represents his constituents that many people here think if his own homestate colleagues are comfortable coming out against him. Smiley
The people of IL-03 say, 'Who cares!'

Something tells me that if Lipinski was 100% secure, Democrats wouldn't want to risk coming out against him for no reason or benefit.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 03:54:45 PM »

This is the single most obnoxious active thread on Atlas at the moment. If you're a pro-Lifer, fine, support "King Dan" or whatever. If you're pro-Choice like most normal Democrats, it is natural to want Lipinski, who sits in a safely blue seat, to go.

I do not care about his "constituent services" or whatever. He is not left-wing for a Democratic congressperson in a safe seat and for that reason alone he should go.

It's not even just abortion though. He also voted against Obamacare. If you just looked at his voting record you'd think he was from an R+10 district, lol.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 06:07:37 PM »

Good thing All Politics Is National these days.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies