Trump: Clinton's bodyguards should be disarmed; let's see what happens to her (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:16:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Clinton's bodyguards should be disarmed; let's see what happens to her (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: Clinton's bodyguards should be disarmed; let's see what happens to her  (Read 5305 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 16, 2016, 08:24:52 PM »

Making threats or inciting violence against your opponent is outside of political discourse. Wanting Hillary to be harmed is sick and anyone who supports Trump's comments proves that the basket of deplorables statement was correct.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 02:44:15 PM »

This story is desperate, overblown BS. Only someone dropped on their head as a child could honestly interpret this as a death threat.

^^
Yup. It's incredibly obvious what he meant by the statement: If she's so anti-gun then why is it okay for her to have armed guards while the average person in the street isn't allowed to bring a weapon to defend themselves. The argument isn't terribly convincing, but this statement isn't what its detractors make it out to be.

This is a stupid position.
There are other nations who have strict gun controls (UK) who obviously have armed personnel protecting their political officials, including the Prime Minister.
There is nothing wrong with this at all.
What are you proposing in your argument .... that someone like the UK PM cannot have armed security, because of the fact that their citizens have very limited ability to own them ?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 02:52:06 PM »

This kind of rhetoric, whatever he meant by it (and the one previous), just puts another nail in the coffin of Republican me.  Trump has done nothing for me except to vow that I will never vote Republican for any office ever again.
The party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Reagan is dead.
Hillary Clinton, someone I never thought I would support, is my candidate for 2016, and I will proudly cast my vote for her.

Between the radical tea party and now Trump...I am now in the same mindset.

I agree.
First we had the wacko Tea Party, and now this orange-haired clown and his new racist/bigoted alt-right ideology of Trumpism.
When does it end with the GOP creating these strange and disgusting wings of their Party ?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 07:57:43 PM »

Politicians have no more right to security than anyone else. If it is a good idea for them to protect themselves with guns, the everyone has the right. President, president-elect, and party nominee are not positions above citizen.

Of course politicians are in "positions above citizens."
We specifically elect them, and want them, to be in "positions above citizens."
You know ..... we have them debate and create laws which ordinary citizens do not do.
We allow them to make decisions in our courts (judges, justices) that ordinary citizens do not do.
We give them the authority to travel to other nations, and to discuss treaties, trade, allegiances and war ... things that ordinary citizens do not do.
So stop pretending that these people don't require more protection than you and me, because they do.
No one should be offended (or surprised) by the fact that their life IS more important than yours and mine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies