People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Ninja0428 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:03:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Ninja0428 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Ninja0428  (Read 4727 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 30, 2018, 06:42:38 PM »

I, Mike Wells swear that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Dave.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 06:26:54 PM »

Thank you, Assemblyman.

One follow-up, your honor - Assemblyman, to clarify the second answer, would you say it was an unremarkable and common practice for the Speaker to conduct Assembly business - such as, in this case, agreeing to hold a final vote, on the Discord server? Are there other examples you can recall for us of similar actions?

In the interests of time, your honor, I'd pose to Assemblyman Wells the above question too, and ask whether it was his experience that the Assembly operated at least partly on the Discord?

I've been in the Assembly for about a month now and the Discord hasn't been around much longer than that. It was started in late February; I joined in early March during the special election in which I was elected to the Assembly. I can see everything that's ever been posted in the Discord, considering it is discord. Assembly business has been prevalent in a certain way which I will describe. But first, I want to clarify what I consider Assembly business. Assembly business includes debate, motions, and votes. As far as I am concerned, no motions or votes have taken place on Discord. However, we have debated on bills on Discord. I think we should do it on the forum (and ironically debated with someone on the Discord about it), but I'll admit that Discord is convenient for stuff like that.

Of course, a lot of our discussion isn't just debate - some of it is stuff like the Speaker telling us that there is a bill on the floor for discussion or a vote being held on Atlas, or an Assemblyman announcing that they made an amendment on Atlas. Other times, it is general discussion about something only tangentially related to Assembly business. As for whether agreements to hold a final vote occurred on Discord, they did not occur while I was a member of the Discord that I can recall. The one exception is the subject of this court case.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 08:18:34 PM »

The Discord channel has not been deleted, I can still talk in it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies