Question about VP for Rudy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:10:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Question about VP for Rudy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question about VP for Rudy  (Read 991 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »

If Rudy Giuliani wins the Republican nomination, and Mitt Romney emerges from the primaries as a powerful and popular figure in the GOP, is there any way that Rudy could pick Romney for VP, even though New York and Massachusetts are neighboring states?

Remember, Bill Clinton from Arkansas and Al Gore from Tennessee, neighboring states, went on to win.

Would Rudy and Mitt be a formidable ticket?

Please discuss.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 11:10:26 PM »

Every major party VP candidate since 1976 has had *some* Washington experience.  While it's definitely *possible* that that trend will be broken in 2008, I can't see Giuliani **who himself has no Washington experience** being the one to break it.  I just can't see a ticket filled by two Washington noobies this time around.  Not in an election in which foreign policy will likely be a major issue.

Plus, I can't imagine that Giuliani would try picking a running mate who has also had problems with the conservative base of the party until recently.  Romney just doesn't make any sense as a VP pick for Giuliani.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies