Opinion of John Dule
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:00:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of John Dule
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of this abrasive poster
FF
HP
Neutral
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of John Dule  (Read 1706 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2020, 07:34:03 PM »

Massive HP, extremely abrasive and annoying, and his memes are bordering on trolling at this point. Let’s not forget his past questionable comments...
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 07:40:55 PM »

FF
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 07:51:07 PM »

FF, possibly the best libertarian poster here.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 07:52:03 PM »

FF. Fighting the good fight against the tyranny of the humorless and unimaginative.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 07:52:13 PM »

Hilarious. Great asset to the forum.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »

Chaotic neutral
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 07:57:24 PM »

FF. I actually find his memes to be hilarious, and he tends to take very interesting positions on the issues. As I've said before, ideological diversity is a good thing for this forum, and I think it's important to engage with those whom we disagree with. I've learned to appreciate this in the year since I made my return here.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 08:13:22 PM »

Lean FF. He is an a-hole with a mean streak but he (mostly) means well I think. He makes good arguments and asks good questions. I like having people to debate with that I disagree with but can actually challenge my ideas, as opposed to deplorable Trump cultists saying "you're wrong" and not elaborating in good faith.
Rover
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.18, S: -4.42

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 10:45:39 PM »

Massive FF, he expresses himself eloquently. Wish I could express my views as clear and he does.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2020, 10:54:55 PM »

Mixed bag, honestly. On one hand, he's said cis rights (and despite his claiming otherwise, I don't trust him not to go Ben Kenobi on me), but on the other, he can actually make a good joke and even a good point now and then.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 12:34:11 AM »

He’s generally an FF, but his anti-trans rants drive me nuts. He is hilarious though.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2020, 03:09:42 AM »

He's funny, which covers a multitude of sins, but still, it only covers so much.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 03:24:04 AM »

I'm not sure if he's biologically funny. Would have to check his chromosomes.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2020, 03:37:14 AM »

Hilarious Person

The meme master of Atlas
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2020, 05:25:56 AM »

Can be cringy in a 20 year old libertarian kind of way but the memes more than make up for it.

Massive HP, extremely abrasive and annoying, and his memes are bordering on trolling at this point. Let’s not forget his past questionable comments...

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 05:33:07 AM »

Flip a coin.

If heads, a funny laughable guy who's a great addition to this forum, someone who stands for what he believes, and a creator of high quality memes that are second to none. FF.

If tails, an edgy wannabe comedian who is too busy jacking off about how morally superior he is compared to his peers to actually come up with a take that has enough wit behind it to match that of a tuna sandwich. HP.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 07:29:54 AM »

Massive FF. I probably agree with him very little political wise but he has respectable positions and is hilarious
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2020, 08:43:59 AM »

Bad ideas, good memes, FF on balance.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2020, 08:57:06 AM »

I voted FF for his humorous (and usually well-taken points) in his memes.

MAD Magazine once did a spoof on the characteristics of conservatives and liberals.  Two of the characteristics of liberals were:

1.  Secretly wish William F. Buckley was a liberal.

2.  Secretly wish David Susskind was not.

The point there was that Buckley, while a conservative, was (to liberals) grudgingly entertaining, with sharp, memorable lines and a sense of humor; he was made for TV in a way that Susskind wasn't, at least in terms of his own politically-based TV show.  Buckley had far more effect on the public consciousness, and it was partly because he was likable and amusing.  Susskind certainly had a substantive career in TV and entertainment production; he packed a lot into a surprisingly short (66 years) life.  But Buckley is the one people here are more likely to remember, and more likely to have an image of.

It's the same thing with Dule on Talk Elections.  (I've given up my "Brave New Atlas" posture; change is here, and I'm adaptable.)  He provides memorable humor, and he's a more consistent Libertarian than many here.  I probably enjoy his posts more than he enjoys mine.

The only thing I could say to him critically is this:  He once posted the statement that you cannot vote for Trump and be a good person.  I take great exception to this; the people I know personally voting for Trump are decent people who take care of their families, contribute to society, and are personally decent.  All of them.  There are certainly grifters and bad people that are supporting Trump.  The rioters and looters in the streets (who are scum, all of them) are likely to vote for Biden if they vote; that doesn't mean that all Biden voters are garbage people.  (I do think that many Biden voters are rather naive about what will actually happen if Biden is elected; they can't see that he'll be a liberal Warren Harding, elected 100 years exactly after Harding if he wins.)  

I'd hope John would rethink that statement.  It is very unfair to millions of decent people.  
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2020, 09:14:24 AM »

MAD Magazine once did a spoof on the characteristics of conservatives and liberals.  Two of the characteristics of liberals were:

The point there was that Buckley, while a conservative, was (to liberals) grudgingly entertaining, with sharp, memorable lines and a sense of humor; he was made for TV in a way that Susskind wasn't, at least in terms of his own politically-based TV show.  Buckley had far more effect on the public consciousness, and it was partly because he was likable and amusing.  Susskind certainly had a substantive career in TV and entertainment production; he packed a lot into a surprisingly short (66 years) life.  But Buckley is the one people here are more likely to remember, and more likely to have an image of.

It's the same thing with Dule on Talk Elections.  (I've given up my "Brave New Atlas" posture; change is here, and I'm adaptable.)  He provides memorable humor, and he's a more consistent Libertarian than many here.  I probably enjoy his posts more than he enjoys mine.

The only thing I could say to him critically is this:  He once posted the statement that you cannot vote for Trump and be a good person.  I take great exception to this; the people I know personally voting for Trump are decent people who take care of their families, contribute to society, and are personally decent.  All of them.  There are certainly grifters and bad people that are supporting Trump.  The rioters and looters in the streets (who are scum, all of them) are likely to vote for Biden if they vote; that doesn't mean that all Biden voters are garbage people.  (I do think that many Biden voters are rather naive about what will actually happen if Biden is elected; they can't see that he'll be a liberal Warren Harding, elected 100 years exactly after Harding if he wins.)  

I'd hope John would rethink that statement.  It is very unfair to millions of decent people.  
You do realize “ you’re loyal two things, Trump and Jesus. In that order” comes from one of his memes right?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2020, 09:17:56 AM »

You do realize “ you’re loyal two things, Trump and Jesus. In that order” comes from one of his memes right?

Dule is non-religious.  I sincerely believes he doesn't understand my faith.

He's wrong about that, but he's more open minded than a large number of people on this forum.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2020, 01:03:58 PM »

This is the third one of these threads you guys have made in the past 18 months or so. Each time, the biggest issue you seem to have with me is that-- although I think consenting adults should be able to get whatever surgery they want, present themselves however they choose, dress as they want, take hormones, and receive respect/tolerance for their life choices-- I don't subscribe to the belief that gender is different from sex. Honestly, if that's our biggest area of disagreement, I must be doing something wrong. I have much, much more objectionable views than that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2020, 01:09:00 PM »

FF. Fighting the good fight against the tyranny of the humorless and unimaginative.

This. I'll note with a caveat that I've never heard of, let alone read, any of his alleged Anti trans rants. Hope that's an aberration he can get over if true.

Secondly, major shame on the OP for creating a neutral option. Such Nuance in these polls is grossly violative of forum tradition, outside saving it for the comments themselves.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2020, 01:27:18 PM »

What sort of impression is there to form? Been there, seen that really.

I s'pose he isn't oakvale is good enough.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2020, 01:52:05 PM »

This is the third one of these threads you guys have made in the past 18 months or so. Each time, the biggest issue you seem to have with me is that-- although I think consenting adults should be able to get whatever surgery they want, present themselves however they choose, dress as they want, take hormones, and receive respect/tolerance for their life choices-- I don't subscribe to the belief that gender is different from sex. Honestly, if that's our biggest area of disagreement, I must be doing something wrong. I have much, much more objectionable views than that.
True I mean as a libertarian you probably think age of consent laws is the greatest example of government tyranny 😬
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies