PA Republicans: Are you disappointed that you have no say in your primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:37:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  PA Republicans: Are you disappointed that you have no say in your primary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA Republicans: Are you disappointed that you have no say in your primary?  (Read 1071 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2008, 10:14:44 PM »

I would be.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 10:20:23 PM »

Why does it matter? It's not like Huckabee was going to win there, anyway.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:21:56 PM »

Actually, we never had.  PA's GOP delegates are unpledged and unidentified on the ballot.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 10:28:10 PM »

Why does it matter? It's not like Huckabee was going to win there, anyway.

Romney may well have.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 11:03:46 PM »

Actually, we never had.  PA's GOP delegates are unpledged and unidentified on the ballot.

But we do get to vote on the actual delegates.

I don't understand why we would be disappointed. We do actually have a say; it's just that the race is decided. We were going to go for McCain anyway so why would we be disappointed? If anything, I am happy that we are done now and we get to sit back and watch Obama and Hillary destroy each other.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 11:04:54 PM »

I don't understand why we would be disappointed. We do actually have a say; it's just that the race is decided. We were going to go for McCain anyway so why would we be disappointed? If anything, I am happy that we are done now and we get to sit back and watch Obama and Hillary destroy each other.

As a matter of fact, there's now no reason to even show up. You can save gas money that way.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 11:06:27 PM »

This is a great night. Hillary will stay in the race and further destroy the Democratic parties unity, and McCain can now go on the begin his general election campaign.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 11:10:01 PM »

As a matter of fact, there's now no reason to even show up. You can save gas money that way.

Haha, not quite. I'm a committeeman so I am always at my polling place. Even when I wasn't, I work for a candidate at my precinct. On top of that, I have a political job so I have to be there (even though my candidate is unopposed again).

If anything, I spend more money on gas on any Election day (General or primary) just driving around a good amount of the day. Ironic part - My polling place is within walking distance from my house.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »

This is a great night. Hillary will stay in the race and further destroy the Democratic parties unity, and McCain can now go on the begin his general election campaign.

Dude.

First, the NRC has no money. Republican House Minority Leader John Boehner had to publicly lambast Republican donors last week cause they weren't giving any money.

Second, a lot of Republican donors still have to make piece with McCain. Texas Republican Senator John Cornyn today said that even though McCain will be nominee and he'll vote for him, he's not ready to sing Kum By Yah yet.

Third, McCain can't focus his campaign on the Democrat yet cause he doesn't know which one he's running against.

Fourth, these later states will have already been exposed to Obama and Clinton, whichever becomes nominee. While McCain will have to run a first time later.

Fifth, McCain is going to get ignored entirely by the media until the Democratic nominee is settled.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 11:12:02 PM »

Texas Republican Senator John Cornyn today said that even though McCain will be nominee and he'll vote for him, he's not ready to sing Kum By Yah yet.

Only because the two don't get along on a personal level.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 11:13:10 PM »

Welcome to Pennsylvania... I'll vote for sure, but I know it is meaningless.  Oh well.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 11:14:30 PM »

Welcome to Pennsylvania... I'll vote for sure, but I know it is meaningless.  Oh well.

We have other races, you know (even though I don't think there are any meaningful primaries in your area. There aren't in mine. I'm actually refusing to vote for three unopposed candidates in our primary).
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »

I'm not so sure.

I believe, pretty strongly now, that Obama represents the centrifugal element of the Democratic Party. The Democrats really would do better to support Hillary from here on, because her portion of the Democratic base (unions, old people, the sparingly educated) far better reflects the electoral strengths of the party as it is constituted now, than Obama's base does.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 11:22:53 PM »

Dude.

First, the NRC has no money. Republican House Minority Leader John Boehner had to publicly lambast Republican donors last week cause they weren't giving any money.

Dude.

The RNC has more money than the DNC does right now. More money raised and more cash on hand. I can assure you McCain will be well funded in the general election race.

I know otherwise, donors haven't been giving any money, but don't think that will last. As this thing goes on, the unfavorables of both are rising--and that's good for McCain.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 05:27:06 AM »

Dude.

Dude.

The RNC has more money than the DNC does right now. More money raised and more cash on hand. I can assure you McCain will be well funded in the general election race.

I know otherwise, donors haven't been giving any money, but don't think that will last. As this thing goes on, the unfavorables of both are rising--and that's good for McCain.

As much noise as may be made over holdouts like Cornyn, the fact remains that the vast majority of GOPers will fall in line behind McCain now that he has won the nomination.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 09:25:25 AM »

What other items will be on the PA ballot, or is it solely a primary?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 02:42:04 PM »

What other items will be on the PA ballot, or is it solely a primary?

Primary but we usually have a few questions (depending on your municipality).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 02:44:37 PM »

I'm not disappointed......if there's anything else important I'll vote anyway.

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 01:21:34 PM »

I never expected too. The Congressional race is competitive for once. That's nice.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »

I shall still solder on and vote For Dr. Paul. I'm a true believer, ha ha. But no, I'm just glad that we matter in either primary this time around. My friend's been urging me to vote change my affiliation and vote for Hillary though. I was considering it but I don’t really like interfering with another party’s affairs. But If Ron Paul had not entered the race, I might have considered it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies