Utah congressman sleeps in his office (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:25:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Utah congressman sleeps in his office (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Utah congressman sleeps in his office  (Read 5532 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: January 11, 2009, 01:05:15 AM »

Wow, that guy is legitimately awesome for that.

he also leg-wrestled Steven Colbert a couple days ago
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 04:57:58 AM »

I wouldn't mind some plans to create optional dorms for all of our congressmen, that combine with their offices perhaps.

Exactly as the article says, it would allow them more time to communicate with their residents/do other things.

Also, if you gave them living quarters then you wouldn't need their wages to be so high because you wouldn't need to cover cost-of-living expenses near the capitol
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 06:05:54 AM »

I wouldn't mind some plans to create optional dorms for all of our congressmen, that combine with their offices perhaps.

Exactly as the article says, it would allow them more time to communicate with their residents/do other things.

Also, if you gave them living quarters then you wouldn't need their wages to be so high because you wouldn't need to cover cost-of-living expenses near the capitol

That thought crossed my mind a few years ago; still sounds like a good idea to me. And if they aren't being used by Congressmen at the time then they can house homeless or low income families.
\
It wold be my dream for a homeless guy to be living next to Ted Kennedy and Mitch McConnell
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies