Some sort of explosion has happened in Manhattan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:35:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Some sort of explosion has happened in Manhattan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some sort of explosion has happened in Manhattan  (Read 1870 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 17, 2016, 09:19:52 PM »

Or seriously injured...
I wonder why someone would try to blow up a dumpster in a wealthy yet low profile neighborhood..it seems that it is likely to be anything.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 09:29:49 PM »

Or seriously injured...
I wonder why someone would try to blow up a dumpster in a wealthy yet low profile neighborhood..it seems that it is likely to be anything.

Looks like amateur hour.
Or even an accident..
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 09:32:15 PM »

Or seriously injured...

It also has a large gay population because it borders the West Village, AKA the Castro/DuPont Circle of Manhattan.
Hate crime?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 09:39:53 PM »

Sounds like a poorly executed ISIS inspired attack by the surface. Thank God the bomber/bombers weren't very good at their "craft."
Possible..
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »

Or that.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 09:53:30 PM »

Could be neo-nazis but could be jihadis...most likely confused children who think they are those things.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 06:19:51 PM »

This NY attack may be linked to the NJ and MN terrorist threats. If that's the case, 3 attacks on one day=Saturday, September 17th, it does not look good for Barack Obama's administration.

I seriously doubt there's a link between NY/NJ and Minnesota, especially as there's such a difference in tactics.

NY/NJ being linked seems very likely, though, and the choice of targets makes me unsure it's ISIS-linked.

What would you think it is?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 06:52:43 PM »

This NY attack may be linked to the NJ and MN terrorist threats. If that's the case, 3 attacks on one day=Saturday, September 17th, it does not look good for Barack Obama's administration.

I seriously doubt there's a link between NY/NJ and Minnesota, especially as there's such a difference in tactics.

NY/NJ being linked seems very likely, though, and the choice of targets makes me unsure it's ISIS-linked.

What would you think it is?

Anarchists.

The choice of the Veterans' parade and a neighborhood of NY that gets a lot of hate for being "gentrified" tilts me towards that, as opposed to ISIS, whose choice of targets seems to be "wherever we can kill the most people in the most horrific way possible".

Anti-Government people? The moral of the story could South Parkian. We shouldn't be Islamophobic because they are just one puppy in LBP's basket of deplorables.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 12:48:36 PM »

This guy was pretty slow. This does blur the line between terrorism and violent hate crime, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies