OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:34:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread  (Read 30109 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 22, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »

I think people here are overestimating how much rapt attention others are giving this...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:04:45 PM »

I can't quite work out whether this delay is a stroke of genius or an awful, hubris-born error.

You guys are great!  No, seriously.  The only reason I'm even watching this on the Atlas is because I've been waiting for a chance to do laundry since noon.  I'm having trouble getting excited, and look how many freaking posts I have.

"Awful...error."  "Obama blew it."  How many permanent polling points did he just miss out on?  Five?  Ten?  Has his campaign died because he misses one day of non-questioning coverage?  No, sorry--because of a 24-hour delay, and potential slight smothering in the folds of the news cycle.

Meanwhile, America is mostly trying to decide between Burger King and McDonald's, and ready to set in for a weekend of pretending they already knew who Joe Biden/Evan Bayh/whoever was.  Is it a screw-up relative to what could have been?  Maybe.  And I guess in that sense he "blew it," but let's not seriously pretend we'll be thinking about this in a month.

That said, I'm 70% sure it's Biden.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies