Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:40:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 154635 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: November 03, 2014, 08:29:37 PM »

I love throwing out ideas and letting you guys do the heavy lifting. Excellent job, Joe!

Now how do we get this game into the production line?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1001 on: November 03, 2014, 08:30:55 PM »

I'm finally home after a great day.  Everything already looks a lot better than my previous employer.  My supervisor is really nice and seems to be willing to train and help.  So far he has hired four more contractors besides me starting at various times through the next couple of weeks.  I am the first one on board.  He projects we should have enough work to last through the first quarter of 2015.  He also reiterated that he plans to do everything he can to bring me onto another contract when this one wraps up. He cannot guarantee it and a lot of it depends on how I perform.  This is only Work Night 2 and I haven't even touched AutoCAD, yet, so it remains to be seen how I'll do, but I'm excited and confident.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1002 on: November 03, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »

We're all rooting for you, man.  Seriously.  We won't feel dejected if you decide not to give us periodic updates during the actual workday.  Best wishes.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1003 on: November 03, 2014, 08:58:08 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2014, 09:00:15 PM by King »

If you haven't touched CAD yet, you really can't say how hands on and helpful and nice the supervisor is. Your last employer was the same way until he saw your work.

I still suggest touching your AutoCAD even if your employer isn't making you touch it just yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1004 on: November 03, 2014, 09:02:10 PM »

If you haven't touched CAD yet, you really can't say how hands on and helpful and nice the supervisor is. Your last employer was the same way until he saw your work.

I still suggest touching your AutoCAD even if your employer isn't making you touch it just yet.

I know I can't know for sure, yet, but I can get a good feeling.  I asked him a question without fearing getting chewed out.  I can be legitimately hopeful and excited, though, and that's what a lot of this is.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1005 on: November 03, 2014, 09:07:18 PM »

I just hope Bushie practices his CAD(D)...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1006 on: November 03, 2014, 09:09:02 PM »

I know I can't know for sure, yet, but I can get a good feeling.  I asked him a question without fearing getting chewed out.  I can be legitimately hopeful and excited, though, and that's what a lot of this is.

See, it's not the boss whose attitude you need to be gauging. You didn't start getting chewed out until about Week 3 of mistake prone work when your boss finally tired of you.

This supervisor is going to be just as pissed with you if you perform at the rate you performed at in your last job. The surefire to not have a boss who will chew you out for boneheaded mistakes and dumb questions is to not make boneheaded mistakes and ask dumb questions.

Study.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1007 on: November 03, 2014, 10:37:53 PM »

Bushie, is it true that you put ranch dressing on your taco salad?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1008 on: November 04, 2014, 08:40:07 AM »

No, Memphis, no ranch.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1009 on: November 04, 2014, 08:51:52 AM »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1010 on: November 04, 2014, 09:39:14 AM »

Like, this is on the verge of being more creepy than funny at this point.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-pretending-everythings-okay-works,29099/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:NA:InFocus

SHOW YOURSELF UPDATE ONION PERSON
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1011 on: November 04, 2014, 09:50:39 AM »

My mistake about the Ranch dressing. A Google search of the board reveals it was actually ranch style beans, catalina (aka "French") dressing, and doritos.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Slightly less disgusting than ranch dressing, but still slop IMO.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1012 on: November 04, 2014, 10:21:51 AM »

Ewww. That sounds awful!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1013 on: November 04, 2014, 02:13:23 PM »

Lunch time is about over.  I finished the Visio part of the training right before lunch so I get to move onto something different.  I've got a Grade 6.5 headache, but I'll be okay.

Btw, a 6.5 grade headache should be a chance card.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1014 on: November 04, 2014, 02:17:54 PM »

Btw, a 6.5 grade headache should be a chance card.

Chocolate induced?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1015 on: November 04, 2014, 02:22:46 PM »

What did you eat for lunch?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1016 on: November 04, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »

He didn't mean to order the chocolate cake, but he accidentally did without thinking! Whoops! He was always taught not to waste food, so he didn't send it back.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1017 on: November 04, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »

He didn't mean to order the chocolate cake, but he accidentally did without thinking! Whoops! He was always taught not to waste food, so he didn't send it back.

Remember the Dr. Pepper incident at Burger King (I think?) when he pushed the wrong button. Great episode!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1018 on: November 04, 2014, 03:29:54 PM »

It's Brown family tradition to celebrate a new job with a trip to the Golden Corral chocolate fountain, even if it does make Bushie deathly ill.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1019 on: November 04, 2014, 07:35:37 PM »

Remember the Dr. Pepper incident at Burger King (I think?) when he pushed the wrong button. Great episode!

One of my favorites.  Our Dear Friend is in the midst of dieting, and one fine day at McDonalds (just lol already) he goes to get his fill of drink and oopsy daisy! we accidentally press the REGULAR Dr. Pepper.  Laughing to himself and asking WWJDWHDP? he doesn't dump out the fountain drink and instead takes a break from the diet to gorge on hamburgers, fries, and carbonated sugar water. 

Such a character.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1020 on: November 04, 2014, 08:03:27 PM »

One of my favorites.  Our Dear Friend is in the midst of dieting, and one fine day at McDonalds (just lol already) he goes to get his fill of drink and oopsy daisy! we accidentally press the REGULAR Dr. Pepper.  Laughing to himself and asking WWJDWHDP? he doesn't dump out the fountain drink and instead takes a break from the diet to gorge on hamburgers, fries, and carbonated sugar water. 

Such a character.

His first Update diet dinner of 4 sloppy joes will always be the best one.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1021 on: November 04, 2014, 08:17:52 PM »

Such a character.

His first Update diet dinner of 4 sloppy joes will always be the best one.

"Clean up the meat..." is the best Update meme by far. 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1022 on: November 05, 2014, 10:34:59 AM »

No good morning post? That's usually an ominous sign.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1023 on: November 05, 2014, 10:41:49 AM »

No good morning post? That's usually an ominous sign.

He made it on the Facebooks.  Already about some driving conundrum that he had to deal with.  A simple commute can't even evade some wacky situation that throws a wrench into his day.  The day-to-day is truly like a sitcom.  There's nothing wrong with referring to Update as a TV show, honestly.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1024 on: November 05, 2014, 11:54:42 AM »

You cannot get the full Update story by reading Update alone. You need to follow the Update story on Facebook and subscribe to the Update app which offers exclusive Update content, Update contests and bonus Update footage unavailable anywhere else.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies