CNN national poll on which person “reflects core values of the Democratic Party”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:19:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  CNN national poll on which person “reflects core values of the Democratic Party”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CNN national poll on which person “reflects core values of the Democratic Party”  (Read 2166 times)
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 10:04:49 PM »

FDR and Sanders have a couple parallels, the big one is that, again, they didn't care about the details of their platforms during the campaign. FDR's promise of a New Deal was very, very vague.

FDR mostly gets a pass though because what he did had never been done before. But his lack of specifics did lead to some hamstrung policies, as well as the 1937 recession
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 10:42:46 PM »

A) You act as if you progressives other than Bernie don't exist.

B) There are a lot of differences between FDR and Bernie, but the only one I really care about it is that FDR's followers didn't see him as an all perfect divine figure.

Hypothetically, if this didn't exist, what would you think of Sanders?
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 02:19:32 AM »

B) There are a lot of differences between FDR and Bernie, but the only one I really care about it is that FDR's followers didn't see him as an all perfect divine figure.
I'd still disagree with him on some things, but I'd probably be as fond of him as I am of Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren or Kirsten Gilibrand (which is to say, quite fond), rather then being as fond of him as I am of Cory Booker (which is to say, I despise the guy and get irrationally angry whenever anyone praises him, even if that praise was entirely deserved), being the progressive I am. Still wouldn't vote for him in a primary though.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 02:24:59 AM »

Barry Goldwater - winning the nomination.

Well, there was a general election poll with him that had a 24 point margin of defeat. Now, the defeat was for his opponent, but that's basically the same as being defeated by 24 points.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 07:06:16 AM »

Well, there was a general election poll with him that had a 24 point margin of defeat. Now, the defeat was for his opponent, but that's basically the same as being defeated by 24 points.
Easy to be popular when no one brings up your flaws.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 10:28:56 AM »

Even if he had won, he would have been an astonishingly mediocre President, unable to get any of his major agenda items signed into law. Which is the reason I didn't vote for him in the primary and never would vote for him in a primary
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies