School district of Philadelphia cancels contract with teachers union (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:12:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  School district of Philadelphia cancels contract with teachers union (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: School district of Philadelphia cancels contract with teachers union  (Read 1353 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 06, 2014, 11:26:25 PM »

I find it odd that my employer can manage to pay 100% of my health insurance premiums but Philadelphia can't do so for the people who educate their kids.

I find it odd that people think employers should have anything to do with health insurance.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 10:49:40 PM »

I find it odd that my employer can manage to pay 100% of my health insurance premiums but Philadelphia can't do so for the people who educate their kids.

I find it odd that people think employers should have anything to do with health insurance.

Lol, really?

Yeah, really.  Why should employers be burdened by having to deal with selecting one or more health insurance plans their employees have access to?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:38:58 AM »

Lol, really?

Yeah, really.  Why should employers be burdened by having to deal with selecting one or more health insurance plans their employees have access to?
So what are you proposing (if anything) in place of employer insurance? Pay raises in exchange for employees buying their own?

(Not trying to start a fight; actually interested in your response)

I think Ernest supports some sort of universal system...

It would be rather illiberal to ban employer-sponsored insurance, but removing the tax advantages for going that route instead of giving employees more cash and having them buy their own insurance, should definitely be done.

Universal health care is a separate issue, and other than not having mandates that employers must offer health insurance, I'm fairly agnostic as the method used to reach that goal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies