Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:30:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 184154 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: August 27, 2012, 04:20:33 AM »

The only real blank spot on the wiki is this year. The only change that I can recall from that period that is remotely connected to this was the change in registration requirements for the upteenth time.

There is nobody responsible of updating the wiki, like the AG was responsible for at a moment?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 11:28:28 PM »

I assume this means 25 posts on the forum as a whole, not just posts in the Atlasia forum?

Is that correct?  Someone please clarify.
Correct.

OK.  Thank you.  Nevertheless, I believe anyone properly registered in Atlasia should be allowed to participate in elections regardless of posts made.  In a democracy, the right to vote should be based on citizenship, not on how active they have been in the community.

Well, if you think that, lobby a Senator to make him introduce that in Senate. The 25 posts requirement was introduced at the time of the zombie voters and intense partisanship, where all voters were following the party line and elections decided by who was able to recruit the most possible on other sites. It was needed, then, and it passed in Senate with unanimity.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 02:06:01 PM »

But still, how'd you end up with the decimals?

Snowstalker surplus must be redistributed. Each of his votes is worth 9/37 (surplus/number of votes). 
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 03:25:58 PM »

The fact still stands that OAM's vote should be invalided.

The intend is clear. He prefers Spamage over you.
That's the opinion of the the current SoFE, a former SoFE and other people.

You're free to sue over the results, obviously, but, I think it would be a lost of time.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 06:22:55 PM »

I suppose you're right, and even if his vote was deemed spoilt, there's still NCYankee's to deal with. I'll await the official results, but I shan't contest them if they're what we're seeing in the provisional results.

I won't lie, it certainly is disappointing to lose by a fraction of a vote.

You apparently lost by 1.22 votes, so, it's more than a fraction.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 08:16:42 AM »

This is an unacceptable attack on Atlasian tradition. Joke write-ins have existed for as long as Atlasia has.

WHERE WOULD I BE IF I COULDN'T WRITE-IN NYM'S COOKIES FOR LIKE 198713987 STRAIGHT ELECTIONS

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

You can lobby Senate or sue homely, too.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 10:27:11 AM »

But I will allow Homely to enforce these rules as he wishes.

Then, don't be surprised if there is delays in the swearing-in of new senators, since I fully except a lawsuit will happen if those rules are implemented.

It's not the SoFE job to decide what is valid or not, it's the job people through its Senate.
The SoFE serves the people, it's not the people who serves the SoFE.

If he wants to do it, fine, but I fully expect than this will end in a lawsuit, especially if it has an effect on the winners of the upcoming at-large election. Some disenfranchized voter will soon, or else, a candidate which unfairly lost his legitimate right of seating in Senate due to biaised vote regulations.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 02:44:32 PM »

Just curious, I noticed your absentee ballot did not include the senate races?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The filing deadline for Senate races isn't for another 5 days.

Doesn't the election begins in 5 days, too, precluding any absentee voting?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 01:14:55 AM »

You were not registered - citizens fall off the rolls if they miss 3 consecutive Federal elections.

Out of curiosity: why was Polnut's vote for President ruled invalid? I realize that he posted in the regular voting booth, but no Senate absentee ballot was furnished (and I see his Senate ballot was valid).

It's because of this:

It's unfair to have to nullify Polnut's presidential ballot, but it is the only rule that guides my action in this circumstance.

Do you think than the Senate should fix the law, for that aspect?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 12:18:34 AM »

You were not registered - citizens fall off the rolls if they miss 3 consecutive Federal elections.

Out of curiosity: why was Polnut's vote for President ruled invalid? I realize that he posted in the regular voting booth, but no Senate absentee ballot was furnished (and I see his Senate ballot was valid).

It's because of this:

It's unfair to have to nullify Polnut's presidential ballot, but it is the only rule that guides my action in this circumstance.

Do you think than the Senate should fix the law, for that aspect?

Yes. Absentee ballots for any race in any election should be made available one week ahead of time so that I can accept absentee write-in votes for candidates who will later be placed on the ballot.

I filled an amendment, however, that will take some time, since the queue is long and than this need a constitutional amendment (the absentee vote period is defined by the Constitution).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies