Is teaching creationism in biology classes Constitutional? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:59:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is teaching creationism in biology classes Constitutional? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Is teaching creationism in biology classes Constitutional?  (Read 16138 times)
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« on: October 11, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »

Absolutely not. Not only is it unconstitutional (thank you first amendment), it's also a really freakin' stupid theory.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 09:38:18 PM »

Rather, the public schools should just be shut down completely.

Now that's just asking for serious trouble.
For the state, absolutely. Imagine all those children growing up capable of independent thought. A frightening prospect for a government built upon ignorance.

So it would be better to go back to the days when almost nobody was educated at all?
I guess it's better to have only the rich and successful who can pay for school be able to achieve anything at all. We should just assign the people who can't pay for school to abject poverty for life.

Honestly, public education is one of the best things about America. If you can't see that, then you must be the one who is ignorant.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 04:00:48 PM »

Of course it is constitutional. The Constitution has no just authority over local schools.

Epic fail as usual, Libertas.

Supreme Court says no. Edwards v. Aguillard 482 U.S. 578 (1987)

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?navby=CASE&court=US&vol=482&page=578
The question asked by this thread was "Is teaching creationism in biology classes Constitutional?"

Not "Does the the Supreme Court think it is constitutional?"

Last time I checked, the Supreme Court has the final say on this, not some guy who can't understand why educating everybody is important. I'm curious, what kind of school did you go to, if it wasn't a public one, and why does it make you so much better than those who came up through the public school system? Maybe I'm just some stupid public school kid that clearly can't comprehend your superior intellect, but your points seem muddled at best and downright wrong at worst.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies