DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:27:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 271836 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 06, 2021, 05:05:22 PM »

Also I recant my prior statements of believing we shouldn’t charge Trump so we can move on as a nation .

After this Trump should be charged of crimes

This, 100%
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 05:07:31 PM »

You know what? Screw the GOP. Screw it until it gets it's act together.

I'm now proud to be part of the resistance that brought the GOP from total power to a sudden lack of it!

No offence to good Republicans on here.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 05:18:19 PM »

You know what? Screw the GOP. Screw it until it gets it's act together.

I'm now proud to be part of the resistance that brought the GOP from total power to a sudden lack of it!

No offence to good Republicans on here.

You, OSR and PQG (probably missing more) have even greater respect from me than before.

Thanks man. I have no idea what to say. I'm absolutely disgusted and I feel gross inside for ever supporting Trump in the first place. It was rather late into last year until I realized my mistake too. But I've certainly learned from it now!
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 05:42:34 PM »

I’m so relieved that I didn’t give in to the temptations I had multiple times during the last year to vote for Trump .

He’s such a terrible human being , and I would have felt guilty  it for a long long time if I had done so , so I’m so relieved that I refused to vote for the guy

Wow, you’re so brave. You heard the President talk and act like a fascist for four years and you courageously decided at the last second not to vote for him. I hope you get a medal of freedom.

I never supported Trump, and I also didn't vote for any R candidate on the ballot this year (because of McConnell ramming through ACB, which I felt was unfair to half the country). Do I get a medal of freedom?

No, but Young Kim does.

Yay!

Young Kim represents the only type of Republican I still respect. The ones that put the country over just the GOP and their lust for power.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 07:50:14 PM »

The international community seems far more concerned and sickened by this than the Ukraine Scandal, Mueller Report, or even Charlottesville.

As late as it is for America, there might be a real chance the 25th amendment or an impeachment occurs here.

This is objectively worse than all three of those combined.  

I agree with you here. But it's astounding to me how all of these events occurred under just this President alone, to say nothing of the pandemic. In watching the media coverage, I was still shaken by seeing the members of Congress, their staffers, journalists, and members of law enforcement wearing masks, while virtually all of the anarchists were maskless. That was a visual reminder of the ongoing crisis which helped to cost Trump reelection, and which he so badly mismanaged. I don't think it's a stretch to say that every single American has been impacted negatively by this man, and the effects of his Presidency are going to last for decades to come.

All we can do is hope for brighter days ahead brother.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 08:26:39 PM »

Tom Cotton calls for an end to objection, calls out Hawley, Cruz, Stefanik, and others who focused on blocking certification:

"It’s past time for the president to accept the results of the election, quit misleading the American people, and repudiate mob violence. And the senators and representatives who fanned the flames by encouraging the president and leading their supporters to believe that their objections could reverse the election results should withdraw those objections"

This is commendable, But I still think Cotton is an HP.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 07:37:24 PM »

The effects of that day will still be felt for some time to come.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies