The Declining Swing States (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:49:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The Declining Swing States (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Declining Swing States  (Read 628 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: November 10, 2020, 02:26:23 PM »
« edited: November 10, 2020, 02:29:40 PM by Senator tack50 (Lab-Lincoln) »

If 2024 is a neutral year, I think that's how the map will look with maybe redistricting moving NE-2 Republicana gain.

I think it's too D now. No choice but to create a sink, unless the state party wants to risk accidentally creating two D districts during the next D wave.

Probably going to be some kind of shoestring linking central Lincoln and Omaha.

Unless there are some anti-gerrymandering rules I am unaware of, it is extremely easy to create an R gerrymander of Nebraska by just splitting Omaha in 2. It doesn't even need to be that ugly as far as gerrymanders go:

The lightest red here is still Trump+15, Rickets+11 and R+10. Even with trends it should be relatively safe for Republicans? (certainly no worse than Lean R; and probably more like Likely R)

And this is a gerrymander where I deliberately held back in favour of a clean map. It is certainly very easy to extend the district further into the rurals to make it even safer

Plus, given how NE-01 is nowhere near close to flipping, it makes no sense to sink that? At worst it's better to have a Lean D district than a Safe D one
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies