UK By-elections thread, 2021- (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:18:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK By-elections thread, 2021- (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK By-elections thread, 2021-  (Read 184459 times)
Harlow

« on: July 20, 2023, 09:33:57 PM »

If Labour lose in Uxbridge I think it poses questions about the Mayoral election next year - I think its fair to say that Khan hasn't been the best mayor and you've got the ULEZ issue in outer London and crime and the various issues with the Metropolitan Police as a big issue. Khan will be the favourite going in and the Conservative candidate is hardly inspiring but I think it'll end up close - there's also the fact that FPTP advantages the Conservatives as the Lib Dems and Greens votes that used to generally transfer towards Labour under SV obviously won't anymore.

Is Khan expected to run for a third term?
Yes, he already announced his intention to run again early last year and he is officially Labour's candidate.
Harlow

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 10:04:55 PM »

Keir Mather, the 25 year-old Labour Party candidate in Selby and Ainsty, just came back into the room smiling after being told the result.
Harlow

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 01:07:22 PM »

What's the lowest winning vote share in any seat, including general elections, since universal suffrage?
Harlow

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 08:47:02 PM »

Oof, the Britain First and UKIP candidates beating the Greens and Lib Dems.
Harlow

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 08:08:37 PM »

What do we think the chances are of the eventual winner in Rochdale getting less than 30% of the vote?
Harlow

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 04:48:59 PM »

I’d probably be voting for Coleman if I was in this constituency(/country) but it seems like there are no good realistic options here. Dreading the response of uninformed fellow pro-Palestinians who might see Galloway’s win as a positive thing, without knowing what a ghoulish man he is.
Harlow

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 07:20:55 PM »

Henry Riley is now reporting that Tully's team say he has come a "comfortable second".

Well that’s quite a shock, but an interesting one.
Harlow

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 09:57:20 PM »

Does Tully now run in the GE with his numbers being as good as they were?
Harlow

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 10:23:17 PM »

Can Galloway hold the seat in the general election?
A lot of different stars would have to align for that to happen, but in a coming Labour landslide where they will (likely) have a normal candidate, basically no chance.
Harlow

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2024, 12:55:27 PM »

May be interesting to see if Galloway actually runs in Rochdale in a GE or chooses a seat more favourable to him.

Which seats would be more favorable to him? One of the seats he won in the past with higher % of Muslims?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies