Worst movie you have ever seen in your life.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:54:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Worst movie you have ever seen in your life.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Worst movie you have ever seen in your life.  (Read 1927 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 05:43:44 PM »

Transformers, Incredible Hulk and new Fantastic Four
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2018, 05:21:03 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2018, 05:28:23 AM by mvd10 »

The Human Centipede 2

I'm sorry. I just couldn't help it Cry.

On a more serious note, the actual worst movie I saw (not counting abominations like the Human Centipede) was Leprechaun 4 (the space movie). I weirdly enjoyed the first 3 Leprechaun movies but Leprechaun in Space was just ... too much.

EDIT: F**k, I now realize it. HillGoose isn'a a goose, he is Leprechaun! Someone on Atlas stole his gold and now he's looking for it. It all makes too much sense.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2018, 02:18:47 PM »

The Black Hole (1979), Walt Disney; Gary Nelson, director, starring, among others, Anthony Perkins, Ernest Borgnine, Maximilian Schell, Roddy McDowell and Slim Pickens.  Alternating between bad-hilarious and bad-painful, the star-studded cast was so unable to hold the film up that you are right good and happy that everyone in the end plunged into the darkness.  
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 07:22:58 PM »

Half Baked
God's Not Dead
Jack and the Beanstalk (2009)
Lean on Me
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 01:11:29 PM »

"Great Lantern" was cheesy
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2018, 02:32:26 PM »

The Place Beyond The Pines.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2018, 02:57:12 PM »

You now officially have the worst movie taste on the forum.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2018, 04:24:31 PM »

Troll 2

I actually didn't watch all of it, but I skimmed through the rest. It is objectively terrible, so much so that it actually has a following.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2018, 06:35:46 PM »

Battlefield Earth
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »

I really want to say Cool Cat Saves the Kids, but the Percy Jackson movie was worse.
American_Aristocracy
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2018, 09:18:24 PM »

The emoji movie. And I wanted to scream halfway through the movie.
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2018, 10:59:41 PM »

On second thought, A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child may very well be the worst I've seen. Clint Eastwood's Tightrope from 1984 also comes to mind, though I couldn't even finish it so I'm not sure if I can give a fair assessment.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2018, 11:26:16 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 11:31:06 PM by 136or142 »

A few come to mind:

The Deer Hunter - I had only ever seen the Vietnam Russian roulette scene before and so I got it from Netflix back around 2007 and watched it. The first 45 minutes are the most depressing, gray, boring Russian wedding in some miserable Pennsylvania steel town. Then you have like 15 minutes of good movie during the Vietnam scenes, then another 45 minutes of depressing, miserable post-Vietnam Pennsylvania scenes. Literally bored out of my mind.

The Deer Hunter won the Academy Award for best picture, and although it's controversial most people from the day seem to still think of it as a quality movie (check the IMDB reviews and ratings).

I was born in 1970 and the film came out in 1978, so I was too young to understand what was going on at the time (I don't know that all 7/8 year olds wouldn't understand, but I didn't) but I saw it recently and I largely agree with this.  It's certainly one of the worst if not the worst best picture winner of all time.

Having been alive in the 1970s though, I think I understand why it was so highly regarded then. First, the movie studio was apparently the first to use 'Oscar buzz' marketing to sell basically a completely un-mainstream film to become a pretty big hit, so I don't think anybody wanted to admit they were taken in by the hype (though I don't know if that was a big deal.)

I think there were two things going on:
1.The film, being partially about Vietnam and partially about its effects (what today is called PTSD) was part of the time.  Outside of the context, even with the more general and abstract understanding of the cost of war today, I don't think that part is fully appreciated.

2.I think the even bigger part though, is that the film fit in to the art around the time, especially the music (although it came out a couple years after this type of music was popular.) The movie strikes me as very similar to the seemingly endless and improvised guitar solos (or other musical instruments) that were in so many songs from the early to the mid to late 1970s.  Indeed, each scene in the movie seems to be written to be as long as possible and, frequently, as random as possible.

I consider the film to be like those long guitar solos, often boring, sometimes interesting, but ultimately just indulgent.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2018, 11:38:26 PM »

No point picking on little known films and these films, both generally highly regarded, are actually the two films that are the worst I've ever seen.

1.It's a Mad Mad Mad World.  It's a bad bad bad movie.  The movie is overly long, very noisy, violent (the first half anyway.  Cartoons to me can get away with this violence, but not live action) unremittingly cynical and negative and worst of all, not funny.  The first two scenes are the exceptions.  In the first scene, a dead guy, when experiencing rigamortis literally kicks a bucket.  I thought that was a clever site gag.  In the second scene, the 'gang' tries to negotiate over something that I thought was a fairly clever use of 'game theory' which wasn't even a 'known' concept at the time.

2.Close Encounters of the Third Kind.  I can't understand why people like it.  I consider it nothing more than two hours of "how can we embarrass Richard Dreyfus in this scene?"  By far the two worst scenes are when Dreyfus plays with his mashed potatoes and then the scene after when he plays with a pile of leaves.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2018, 10:08:54 AM »

2.Close Encounters of the Third Kind.  I can't understand why people like it.  I consider it nothing more than two hours of "how can we embarrass Richard Dreyfus in this scene?"

I liked Close Encounters, but this is hilarious. Smiley
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 08:46:51 PM »

How?! It's one of the funniest movies of all time!
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2018, 05:04:14 PM »

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

As someone who loved Doug Heffernan on King of Queens, Paul Blart 2 was a total dud lol
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2018, 05:17:53 PM »

I tend to avoid bad movies. However, the one that comes to mind is Monte Carlo. My friends and I went to it because we were in a Selena Gomez phase, but it was just BRUTALLY unwatchable.
HomestarSB9
United States

P P
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2018, 10:23:13 PM »

The cover alone should tell a story. But, if that's not enough, it's on YouTube, watch cautiously.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2018, 02:31:19 AM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2018, 11:07:54 AM »