2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:56:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155303 times)
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »

Congressman Kucinich, what do you think about Senator Biden's latest ad, attacking you on your record?

I'd be happy to talk about that, I've heard of the ad earlier today. They tried to make an issue of my evolution on abortion. Listen, my stance wasn't changed overnight. It's been a very long journey for me over the span of years, where I've tackled with the morality of the practice. I still don't believe in abortion myself, but what I do believe in is choice. We should work to reduce the number of abortions that happen in this country, but I've now realized that restricting women's access to these services won't help with the problem. No one has all the answers, and this has been a very personal transition. Abortion should be legal and accessible, so I'm proud to say I'm pro-choice. While we're talking about changing positions, I'd like to see Joe explain his votes on Iraq, the PATRIOT Act, and other key pieces of the Bush agenda.

And about NAFTA: it is a job destroyer. Talk to the people who make up manufacturing in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and other states and tell me that they haven't suffered at all with a straight face. People have been laid off and their wages have been slashed. This is real, folks. We've lost our competitiveness globally with a decrease in exports and with China, India, and others edging up. We have to rethink our trade policies and come up with a sensible solution that will ensure our workers here at home don't have to suffer like they have.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2014, 07:37:35 PM »

Reminder that this round will close at 10 pm EST tonight; with the next round beginning sometime tomorrow.

Also Jeb Bush will be dropping out of the race.

Any chance we could get a new player as John McCain? Losing one candidate at the first turn would already change the dynamics a lot, and I think it would make things more realistic.
I have no problem with that. We may have George Allen entering the race.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2014, 06:41:14 AM »

So, polls and whatnot?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2014, 01:41:50 PM by NHI »

Round II

September 14-20

The Race for the 2004 Presidential Election is heating up as the candidate vie for votes across the country, targeting the key early primary states. Hillary Clinton and Al Gore remain the strongest competitors within the Democratic field, though North Carolina Senator John Edwards is working the state primary states, and focusing on an a message of economic populism. Many pundits agree it could be a three way race for the Democratic Nomination. The dark horse in the race remains Joe Biden, who after his failed bid for the White House in 1988, Biden appears calmer, tested and readier; many pundits believe he is a candidate to watch, especially in Iowa and New Hampshire.

On the Republican side, Rudy Giuliani and Donald Rumsfeld remains the favorites among many in the so-called "GOP Establishment", though this has not stopped the other candidates from making their mark in the race. Colorado Governor Bill Owens is off to an impressive start, with a bunch of big money backers and solid endorsements. The exit of Jeb Bush from the race truly shook up the field, giving all the candidates a viable shot at the nomination. Owens' momentum continues to build after he finished first in the Ames Iowa Straw poll with 31 percent of the vote, his closest competitor was Pat Buchanan with 24 percent. Though the GOP is expected to have a major entrance by George Allen, who many believe can unite both the grassroots and establishment wings of the party.

National Democratic Nomination Poll
Hillary Clinton: 24%
Al Gore: 21%
John Edwards: 16%
Joe Biden: 14%
Dennis Kucinich: 11%
Other/Undecided: 14%

Iowa:
Al Gore: 20%
Hillary Clinton: 19%
John Edwards: 16%
Joe Biden: 15%
Dennis Kucinich: 11%
Other/Undecided: 19%

New Hampshire
Hillary Clinton: 26%
Al Gore: 19%
Joe Biden: 14%
John Edwards: 10%
Dennis Kucinich: 7%
Other/Undecided: 24%

South Carolina:
John Edwards: 24%
Al Gore: 20%
Hillary Clinton: 17%
Joe Biden: 13%
Dennis Kucinich: 9%
Other/Undecided: 17%

National Republican Poll:
Rudy Giuliani: 21%
Donald Rumsfeld: 19%
Bill Owens: 18%
Gary Johnson: 12%
Pat Buchanan: 6%
Undecided: 24%

Iowa:
Bill Owens: 21%
Rudy Giuliani: 17%
Gary Johnson: 16%
Donald Rumsfeld: 9%
Pat Buchanan: 8%
Other/Undecided: 29%

New Hampshire:
Rudy Giuliani: 22%
Bill Owens: 19%
Gary Johnson: 17%
Donald Rumsfeld: 15%
Pat Buchanan: 7%
Other/Undecided: 20%

South Carolina:
Bill Owens: 21%
Rudy Giuliani 18%
Donald Rumsfeld: 16%
Gary Johnson: 13%
Pat Buchanan: 10%
Other/Undecided: 22%

Endorsements:

Hillary Clinton:
Al Gore: Joe Lieberman, Evan Bayh
Joe Biden: Mark Warner, League of Conservation Voters Action Fund
John Edwards: Majority Leader Dick Gephardt and Sen. Bob Graham
Dennis Kucinich: Gov. Howard Dean, Sen. Sherrod Brown and United Steel
Workers

Gary Johnson: Gov. Buddy Roemer, Frm. Rep. Barry Goldwater
Bill Owens: Gov. Rick Perry, Elizabeth Dole
Rudy Giuliani: Sen. John McCain and Gov. Angus King
Pat Buchanan: Brent Snowcroft
Donald Rumsfeld: Newt Gingrich

Next Round will close on Friday at 10 pm.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2014, 09:10:49 AM »

Rumsfeld 2nd, claims Gingrich endorsement:

Washington DC, September 14th, 2003:
Former Secretary Rumsfeld got a surprising second place in the national polls, and he is within a shot of several early states. Today, Former Speaker Newt Gingrich announced his support for Rumsfeld at a rally in South Carolina, and he promised to mobilize both conservative and establishment support for Mr. Rumsfeld.

"Don Rumsfeld has been one of the most tireless and loyal supporters of the war on terror from the very beginning, a no doubt a tireless crusader for freedom. He has been easily the most visible and articulate Cabinet member since September 11th, and he has probably, among other things, done more for the press conference than anyone in Washington since John F. Kennedy. (Laughs) I met with Secretary Rumsfeld at the Pentagon recently, and I asked about his plans, his choice of words and his choice to run for President, and he gave me a truly fascinating response. Rumsfeld is the man we need to win the war on terror and keep America safe, and I personally ask conservatives to step in and support him for the nomination. There are other good choices, sure, but I trust Don to be the right man for the job, and I trust him to stand up for the Republican Party and our values."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Two:

"Second place... Well, that certainly puts some issues to rest, don't you think? It's about time we remind the voters that I'm ready to win! There has been a lot of criticism on behalf of the democrats in regards to the handling of Iraq, and I guess I can't stay silent on this one. Senator Clinton's comments are perhaps the most fun, given that she gave the war her vote on the Senate. Thank you, Senator, we couldn't have done it without you! (Laughs) But really, no nation in memory that has made the transition from tyranny to a free society has been immune to the difficulties and challenges of taking that path, not even our own. To rebuild Iraq will take time, and it won't be easy, but just as our founders suceeded after hard work, after trial and error, then the Iraqi people can rise and welcome democracy. And I will not abandon the struggle, not after the sacrifices our troops have made!"

September 14th:
-Iowa, I:
 -Opening of a new office in Des Moines, IA.
 -Opening of a new office in Cedar Rapids, IA.
 -Town Hall in Waterloo, IA.
 -Town Hall in Ames, IA.
 -Meeting with Republican Officers and Governor Terry Branstad. (Seeking him not to endorse anyone)
 -Rally in Des Moines, IA.

September 15th:
-Iowa, II:
 -Opening of a new office in Danveport, IA.
 -Opening of a new office in Sioux City, IA.
 -Rally in Dubuque, IA.
 -Rally in Ankeny, IA.
 -Rally in Urbandale, IA.

September 16th:
-Washington DC III/South Carolina I:
 -Third Strategy Meeting with Campaign Team.
  -Website ready (launched later that day)
  -Meeting establisment friendly donors.
 -Lunch with Dick Cheney, discussing potential collaboration.
 -Fly to South Carolina.
 -Rally in Columbia, with Newt Gingrich.

September 17th:
-South Carolina II:
 -Opening of a new office in Charleston, SC.
 -Opening of a new office in Columbia, SC.
 -Hiring staffers and volunteers for the South Carolina operation.
 -Meeting with Governor Mark Sanford (seeking endorsement).
 -Renting a few buses for a SC Bus Tour.
 -Meeting with conservative activists.

"Send a message to the nay-sayers, South Carolina! Some mock me for supposedly being a poet, but I must say I have confidence that reasonable people find their way to reasonably right decisions. Sometimes it takes time. Sometimes there are circumstances that require some  to take somewhat longer than another, but nobody can say that America did not support the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and I don't plan to let the Democrats to surrender and give up in the crucial moment. Some say these war can't compare to the old wars of the past century, but as a very old man I respectfully disagree. (Smiles) You see, we live in a changed world, and these are the wars that we will have to face, sooner or later. And if we give up, if we tell the world that America is not even to be respected in the world stage... Well, I don't have to tell the good people of South Carolina what may or may not happen, you know that very well!"

September 18th:
-South Carolina III:
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Pontiac, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Summerville, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Spartanburg, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Sumter, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Goose Creek, SC.

September 19th:
-South Carolina IV:
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Florence, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Aiken, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Mount Pleasant, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Greenville, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Greer, SC.

September 20th:
-South Carolina V:
 -Barnstorming North Charleston, SC.
 -Barnstorming Rock Hill, SC.
 -Barnstorming Dutch Fork, SC.
 -Opening of a new office in Rock Hill, SC.
 -Opening of a new office in Dutch Fork, SC.

Surrogates:

Dick Cheney:

-September 14-16: Vice-Presidential duties.
-September 17: Meeting with key Republican donors in Washington DC, rally them for the Rumsfeld campaign.
-September 18: Campaign activities in Wyoming, attempt to raise a base of support for the caucus.
-September 19-20: Rallies in New Hampshire, appeal to foreign policy hawks to support Rumsfeld.

Newt Gingrich:

-September 14-17: Touring South Carolina, convincing conservatives to back Rumsfeld.
-September 18: Meeting with donors in Atlanta, Georgia. and host a fundraiser.
-September 19-20: Calling and meeting old allies and friends in Washington, trying to gain more endorsers and surrogates for the campaign.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2014, 10:44:09 AM »

Owens For President

To Email List:

Friends,
     Our fight is the good fight. Polls are showing us ahead in Iowa and South Carolina by a sizable number. In New Hampshire, a state that many thought we should write off, we're within the margin of error. This campaign has been a wild success because of solid support from patriots like you.

Our message of a strong military, a strong economy, and strong values is resonating with voters all over the country. We're speaking to the Rust Belt about rebuilding American Manufacturing. We're talking to middle class families about how they're going to be able to retire. Those in poverty are listening to us because we're talking about their grocery bill and giving their children a shot at the American Dream.

Keep up the good work, friends. We're gonna win this thing.
                                                     -Bill

Sept. 14
-Barnstorm Nashua and suburbs
-Rally with Romney and local activists
-Speak to Hillsborough County Chamber Of Commerce w/Q&A
-Radio Ads Launch in New Hampshire

Excerpt From Speech to Hillsborough Chamber
"[...] The Chamber of Commerce has endorsed my campaign for president. I was greatly honored to accept that endorsement because business and the entrepreneurial spirit built this country. When I talk about traditional values, I also include entrepreneurship and capitalism among those values. I would encourage all of you to volunteer in the campaign and maybe even donate. We can't defend those values without your support. [...]"

Small Business
Owens:  Hi, I'm Bill Owens, candidate for President. Small businesses are the heart of the American economy. That's why, as Governor, I worked to cut taxes on small businesses and their employees. We cut the sales tax to help workers out with their grocery bills. We cut the income tax so that small businesses could hire more workers and grow their companies. I'm running for President to do the same thing. By building up small business, we can make our economy work for everyone and enter a new age of American prosperity. I'm Governor Bill Owens and I approve this message.

Strength
Romney: This century demands strong American leadership. From the growing threat of China to the wars in the Middle East, the next President will be responsible for providing solid direction for a nation at war. I believe that Governor Bill Owens is that man. When I look at his record in Colorado, I have no doubt that he is ready to restore the American economy to greatness and turn around the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's why I, Mitt Romney the Governor of Massachusetts, endorse Governor Owens for President.
*approval*

Sept. 15
-Economic stump speech with Romney
-Phone banking with volunteers
-Private equity fundraiser w/Romney
-Town hall in Nashua

Sept. 16
-Fly to Columbia, SC
-Announce Perry Endorsement
-Barnstorm Columbia and Suburbs
-Speak with local Chamber of Commerce
-Church with family and Perry family

Perry Endorsement
"In my time as Governor of Texas, I've implemented a lot of the same policies that Governor Owens has accomplished next door. I know that Governor Owens is a defender of economic growth and individual freedom because of those policies.

Bill has upheld the values of not only fiscal conservatism, but also social conservatism. Governor Owens is a defender of the right to life and will fight to overturn Roe v. Wade as President. The issue of life is one of the most pressing moral challenges of our time. Owens is on the right side of that issue. As a supporter of the Second Amendment, I believe that Bill Owens should be our next President. Upholding our constitutional right to life and our right to bear arms is a must for the Republican nominee in 2004.

I'd also like to remind the voters of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina how important their votes are when it comes to who we have running in the fall. Every single Democrat running is against your constitutional rights to bear arms, they're against the rights of the unborn, they're against balancing the budget, they're against your rights to religious freedom, and they're against the fundamental values that made this country great.

2004 is an election that matters. Who do you want going up against the new, far-left Democratic Party in the fall? Don't nominate someone who agrees with them on half the issues. Don't nominate someone that can't win.  Bill Owens is the guy we want running. Bill Owens is a solid conservative and a winner. That's why I'm endorsing him."

Sept. 17
-Speaking at BBQ for supporters
-Spend time with volunteers at Columbia Office
-Barnstorm Columbia with Perry
-Discussion with Right To Life Committee w/Perry introducing (Seeking endorsement)

Excerpt from Right To Life Discussion

Attendee: Governor Owens, the Democrats are trying their best to go after Republicans on the issue of life. That makes it hard for elected officials to do a lot on behalf of the cause. What will you do, within the executive branch, to stand up for the value of life?

Owens: Great question. There are some people within our party that want to play politics with the issue of life. I'm not one of them. As President, I'm going to enforce the Mexico City Policy that prevents US money from being used to fund abortions all over the world. I'm also going to support a ban on public dollars for abortion. I'm not going to play politics with this issue.

A Different Attendee: Governor, when you say there are people who wish to play politics with the issue of life, are you referring to Mayor Giuliani who is an avowed supporter of abortion?

Owens: *chuckles*, when I make a statement about people within our party supporting something, I'm very rarely referring to one specific individual. But, to answer your question, yes. Mayor Giuliani does come to mind.

Sept. 18
-Bus to Charleston w/Perry, stop and barnstorm along way
-Stump speech in Charleston
-Meeting with Senator Lindsey Graham(Seeking Endorsement)
-Townhall-style rally with undecided voters

Sept. 19
-Fly to Dallas, Texas w/Perry
-Meeting with T. Boone Pickens and Bob Perry.
-Megafundraiser organized by Pickens and B. Perry.
-Private Q&A with donors

OWENS FUNDRAISER SEES 2.2 MILLION IN CONTRIBUTIONS

Sept. 20
-Overnight flight to New Hampshire
-Church with family and Romney Family in the morning
-Visit Restaurants
-Phone bank with volunteers

Surrogates

Mitt

Sept. 14
-Covered in main schedule

Sept. 15

Sept. 16
-Be Governor
-Fly to Utah
-Meeting with Republican Officeholders seeking endorsements
-Visit Mormon groups, seek support

Sept. 17
-Meetings with Mormon groups and GOP officials in Nevada
-Tour rural Nevada talking about leadership
-Fly home to Massachusetts

Sept. 18
-Be Governor
-Head to Wolfesboro, NH to recruit volunteers, meet with activists

Sept. 19
-Meeting in New York with bundlers
-Schedule tour to support GOP candidates across the country
-Raise money for outside groups

Sept. 20

Rick

Sept. 14
-Spend time with Christian Broadcasting Network executives
-Court Pat Robertson's endorsement
-Talk with Bob Van Der Plaats in Iowa

Sept. 15
-Speak to Americans for Tax Reform in Iowa
-Private dinner with Grover Norquist, seek support

Sept. 16

Sept. 17

Sept. 18

Sept. 19
-Skip Q&A, go be Governor

Sept. 20
-Fly to Charleston, SC
-Tour rural South Carolina
-Meet with Mark Sanford(endorse the winner of your primary)

Infrastructure

Des Moines Office:
-Reached 1,500 likely GOP caucus-goers by phone call
-Collected $20,000 in background donations
-Organized door-to-door campaign that reached 900 likely caucus-goers
-Gathered survey data from door-to-door campaign and loaded into database

Manchester Office:
-Reached 2,000 registered GOP voters by phone
-Collected $7,000 in background donations
-Recruited 150 volunteers through phone
-Launched door-to-door campaign that reached 500 likely primary voters
-Sent out mailer to GOP-leaning independents about sales tax cut

Augusta(Maine) Office:
-Reached 1,000 registered Republicans by phone
-Collected $10,000 in background donations
-Recruitment calls made for 100 new volunteers
-Mailer to registered Republicans on jobs plan

Columbia Office:
-Upgrade to data-entry phones
-Made 2,500 voter contact by phone
-Collected $10,000 in background fundraising
-Targeted 1,000 somewhat likely GOP voters in door-to-door campaign

Reno Office:
-Organize massive, Romney-driven door-to-door operation
-Reached 10,000 registered Republicans in door-to-door army
-Volunteer recruitment calls to the 10,000 reached voters
-Raised $4,000 in background fundraising
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2014, 10:47:02 AM »

Coalitions Launched

Women For Owens
Women's outreach program in charge of interfacing with Republican Women's groups across the country. Rents a floor of the Des Moines office

Christians For Owens
Faith-based outreach with Perry as its leader. Working to mobilize Bush Evangelical supporters to elect Owens in the primary. Rents floor in Des Moines office. Office space in the Columbia office.

Students for Owens
Youth outreach for Governor Owens. Campus chapters established at 3 schools in Iowa, 2 in New Hampshire, 4 in South Carolina, 1 in Nevada, 10 others around the country. Campus Chapters are currently organizing a national meet-up of leadership at Romney home in Wolfesboro. The Romney boys leading the charge.

Vets for Owens
Veterans outreach on behalf of the Governor. Office space is the Augusta office. Focusing on national security and leadership issues.

Military Families for Owens
Outreach to military families. Focusing on "turning around" the wars and providing strong leadership. Office space at every campaign office.

The Chamber
The Chamber of Commerce will be running ads on behalf of Governor Owens. They are independent of the campaign. They do not follow the campaign message. They'll talk about what they want to talk about.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2014, 10:56:44 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2014, 10:58:20 AM by Assemblyman Riley Keaton »

Celebrating Ames                            Celebrating Ames                    Celebrating Ames                             Celebrating Ames                         Celebrating Ames

"Thank you!....Thank you!.....Thank you!......Friends, it's great to be in Iowa! *cheers* We won this one! *cheers*

Friends, today we saw the people of Iowa confirm what they want in a nominee. They want someone who is a solid conservative, someone with executive experience, and someone that can win. Together, Iowa, we're going to reinvigorate the American economy, guide the United Sates through a difficult time, and stand up for strong values. That's the duty that Iowa entrusted us with after the straw poll earlier.

Again, thank you all, enjoy the celebration!"
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:41 AM »

What Ames Means For Republicans

excerpt from an editorial in the Des Moines Register

"Upon entering the race for the Republican nod, Governor Bill Owens was called a "dark horse." That perception changed quickly when two Texas megadonors put their wallet's wind in Owen's sails and Governors Mitt Romney and Rick Perry endorsed Owens. With a full war chest and two able lieutenants, Owens has effectively consolidated a power base that strikes a perfect balance between the grassroots and the so-called establishment.

Ames was a manifestation of that coalition. With Owens finishing with nearly a third of the vote and 7 points ahead of his nearest competitor, he demonstrated the power behind his coalition. He is now occupying what this author formerly proclaimed "the Allen Majority." Senator George Allen seems to be no longer needed as a unity figure since Governor Owens' "dark horse" candidacy has taken off.

With Owens in the top tier of the national polls and leading in 2 of the three first states, it makes you wonder. What is anyone going to do to beat him? Giuliani can run to his left, Buchanan and Rumsfield can try to run to his right. But the feeling this Iowan is getting, is that Owens has got this field locked up pretty tight."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »

Donald Rumsfeld TV Ad: Experienced Leader for America:

States: Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Wyoming, South Carolina and Illinois:

(We see clips of Donald Rumsfeld as a congressman in the 1960's, background music)

Voiceover: Donald Rumsfeld has been in politics for quite a long time, and he knows the kind of experience that a real leader should have. As a Congressman, Ambassador, White House Chief of Staff, Businessman and two times Secretary of Defense, he is more than qualified to deal with the many issues that America faces today. Active and capable, he is more than ready to lead.

Rumsfeld: Hello, America. I'm Don Rumsfeld, and I am running for President because America needs a strong, capable and experienced leader to win the War on Terror and keep us safe. Our lives have changed in the past years, but I have so much confidence in the American people that I believe we're going to be able to live in this world without giving up, and we will look to the past with pride, and we will know that we did everything humanly possible for our country.

Voiceover: A voice of experience for America, vote for Donald Rumsfeld..
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »

Senator Biden, what do you think of the response of Congressman Dennis Kucinich to an ad you aired a few days ago?

Well, I've watched it, and lemme start with the Abortion thing, I want to make it clear that I support a woman's right to choose, no question, but if I change my position just miraculously, won't that raise a few heads and roll a few eyebrows? I'd certainly say yes, but I do understand that you can change positions, but you can do it in a way that isn't, shall we say, a flip flop? But I think we could've been a little less on the nose with that point

Well, what about where he called NAFTA a "Job Killer"?

Well, while I have my own disagreements with the plan myself, it is not a job killer, per se, and while it is a dark shame that people have been laid off, I personally don't see much of a correlation between NAFTA and that, and while Kucinich may have a point with the trading, we should not shudder and hide from trading with others, and frankly if we wanna see progress, we need to move forward and stop hiding, look, I respect Congressman Kucinich, and I will clarify that my Campaign, not me, made the ad, he has gotten the aspects of the economy all topsy turvy

Finally, Senator Biden, he asked you to explain your votes on the PATRIOT Act, Iraq, and other Bush agenda parts, do you care to explain?

Yes, of course, well, these votes were made in tough times, but while I do understand where he's coming from, but in that time, you had to vote on it, Russ (Feingold) was shunned by some major people, but I oppose those things now, not the No Child Left Behind act votes or votes like it, I stand by those, but, I am now against both the PATRIOT Act and the Iraq War, thank you
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2014, 12:05:08 PM »

Campaign Ads:

TV: Terror
Running in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Wyoming, and South Carolina

Voiceover: The War On Terror demands strong leadership of the next president. Our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are the right battles to fight, but we're not fighting them in the right way.

Romney: Bill Owens is a solid conservative who will make sure that our budget balances while still making sure our troops have what they need to fight terror.

Perry: Governor Owens also supports a surge in American troops and an expansion of our intelligence forces in the Middle East. Bill Owens is ready to be a powerful, smart commander-in-chief.

Owens: I'm Bill Owens and I approve this message.

Radio: Education

Woman's Voiceover: Governor Bill Owens is dedicated to reforming our schools. He supports paying teachers based on how well they serve our kids and making sure that parents have a choice in what school we send our kids to. Bill Owens cares about students and parents and he's ready to fight for education reform.

Radio: Janine

Voiceover: Hi, my name is Janine. I'm a single mom working two jobs and Bill Owens is my governor. Governor Owens is now running for President and I'm proud to vote for him. In Colorado, he cut the sales and income taxes to make life easier on me and my kids. He's also worked hard to improve Colorado schools. I'm proud of my governor, I hope you vote for him to be our next President.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2014, 12:12:32 PM »

Biden/Rumsfeld Town Halls Announced:

Washington DC, September 20th, 2003:
Senator Joe Biden and Former Secretary Donald Rumsfeld have a surprise for the political world: they will host two small Town Hall meetings/debates in the states of New Hampshire (Nashua - Sept. 22) and South Carolina (Charleston, Sep. 26). As two known foreign policy experts, both candidates are expected to have a memorable discussion, and hopefully the event will recieve a lot of public. Senator Biden is also expected to make a statement regarding this event.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2014, 12:17:51 PM »

Gonna post my schedule later, but I'll get the announcement first.

I am glad to be going to the two town hall debates in Nashua and Charleston with Secretary Rumsfeld, I encourage people to attend it or watch it on the TV, Jill and the kids will certainly be there,  we'll have a good time, and we'll be able to get into the nitty gritty of the situation in the Country, I'm glad that Rumsfeld has agreed to go, that's all I'm gonna say, good day!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2014, 12:56:17 PM »

George Allen - I'm in!

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are in the thick of it. We are in the middle of a war, we are returning our economy to a growing state, and we are trying to move forward on reform. The Democrats want us to go backwards, they want us to stop in the middle and say, let's quit. To that I say, no way.

As Governor of Virginia, I fought for my citizens every step of the way. We reformed welfare on a large scale, we increased sentences on violent offenders, and we reformed education. The American people want someone who will espouse solutions, not cause controversies.

Yet that's exactly what the Democrats want to do. They want to go backward, out of Iraq. They want us to fall back into the fear-riddled days of post-9/11 2001. They want us to go back on our promises to reform education, they want government to have its mits over your healthcare. That healthcare is yours, and government should be as out of the way of the private citizen as it can!

Virginia knows me well enough, but going around the country, I see the rest of the country doesn't, and they're hungering for a new face on the field. George W. Bush is someone I believe who has done a magnificent job as the President of the United States, and I believe we can do even more in his direction. I think my opponents are all good men, with good qualifications, and constituencies that respect them, but I think we can offer even more than them for the path forward! With my election to the Presidency, we can reform entitlements in a way that will save us money in the long run, we can cut taxes for everyone, and we can finally solve that immigration problem we've had for years.

Because today is the day. I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States!"
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: September 14-20

September 14
-Town Hall in Decorah, IA
-Town Hall in Le Mars, IA
-Town Hall in Perry, IA
-Meeting with Transcendental Meditation community in Fairfield, IA
-Meeting with progressive leaders in Des Moines, IA

I need all the support I can get of the progressives right here in Iowa. I’m your voice in Congress, fighting against the wars, for better wages, for a comfortable retirement, and for fair trade. Clinton may have done good things in office but I feel like he’s failed us in many ways, mostly because we as Democrats didn’t keep the pressure on him to be bold. We’ll have a new President on January 20, 2005, no matter what, but the question is: are we going to have a President that embodies progress and change, or are we going to stick with the same old routine?

September 15
-Meet and Greet in Bristol, NH
-Meet and Greet in Hampton Beach, NH
-Meet and Greet in Winchester, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Keene, NH
-Interviews with local media

I feel optimistic about my chances here in New Hampshire. Everywhere I go I see students, seniors, and everyone in between enthusiastic about what I’ve been talking about on the campaign trail and in Congress all these years. The field is wide open on both sides, so of course there will be a lot of unpredictability. But in this field, I’d like to think that my record uniquely stands out, and it seems that people are beginning to notice.

September 16
-Rally and Fundraiser in Pontiac, MI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Flint, MI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Lansing, MI
-Roundtable discussion with steelworkers in Detroit, MI
-Interview on Countdown with Keith Olbermann

I look at Detroit and I’m sad at what I see. The city isn’t what it used to be. The robust manufacturing sector that Detroit and other cities had has evaporated with time. Not only is this country producing less than what it used to, but families are less financially secure without those high-paying jobs. The solution is clear: let’s scrap NAFTA and CAFTA! Let’s institute fair trade policies that will protect American workers and keep this economy strong! Some of my Democratic opponents may side with the Republicans on free trade, but I won’t bend down to the pressure. People were rightly concerned about NAFTA at first: they thought labor would move out, and it has. Now it’s time to go forward and have a responsible trade policy!

September 17
-Town Hall in Sedalia, MO
-Town Hall in Rolla, MO
-Town Hall in Liberty, MO
-Rally and Fundraiser in Kansas City, MO
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Louis, MO

I saw Senator Biden’s rebuttal earlier and something he said stuck out to me. When talking about voting for Iraq, he stated that “you had to vote on it.” Really? What does it sya about Washington when all that happens is you’re told what to do and you’re expected to follow the rest of the crowd? Russ Feingold was courageous for opposing it from the beginning, and I applaud him for that. Likewise, I have never wavered from my opposition—it was a mistake from the beginning. Now I see all of my Democratic opponents who used to be for the war be against it, since it’s the politically popular move. Let’s expect better from our leaders, ladies and gentlemen. Let’s start fresh with a Kucinich administration!

September 18
-Meet and Greet in Laie, HI
-Meet and Greet in Makawao, HI
-Meet and Greet in Makaha, HI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Honolulu, HI
-Roundtable discussion on Japanese-American affairs in Honolulu, HI

September 19
-Meet and Greet in Lincoln, NH
-Meet and Greet in Walpole, NH
-Meet and Greet in Milton, NH
-Meet and Greet in Ashland, NH
-Participating in antiwar demonstration in Concord, NH

To all of you out there, never be afraid to speak up and do the right thing! My generation went to the streets in the ‘60s to send a clear message: get our boys out of Vietnam, now. It was a mistake to go in from the beginning, and a losing battle. We may have a new war in Iraq, but it’s just as much of a mistake as Vietnam and just as much of a losing battle. This generation has to keep the pressure on both parties and tell them that the days of practicing irresponsible foreign policy is over!

September 20
-Meet and Greet in Contoocook, NH
-Meet and Greet in Pittsfield, NH
-Meet and Greet in Raymond, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Nashua, NH
-Meeting with state Democratic legislators in Concord, NH

Kucinich Endorsements

Howard Dean: Out of this field, Dennis Kucinich impresses me the most. He’s been a leader in Congress on progressive causes since the day he stepped in that chamber. On any issue, you’ll see that he doesn’t disappoint. He was against Iraq from the beginning even when it wasn’t politically popular. He wants a single-payer healthcare system so no one is left uninsured. Democrats, don’t disappoint me here: Kucinich is the way to go!

Sherrod Brown: I’ve served with Dennis in Cognress and I can tell you from personal expericen that this man is qualified to be in the White House. As native Ohioans, both of us know what average Americans are going through in tough times. There hasn’t been a day when he hasn’t been working to improve people’s lives, whether it’s healthcare, education, trade, or any other field. I encourage my fellow Democrats to make the right choice and go with a leader who has bold visions for the party and for the country.

United Steelworkers: Dennis Kucinich is easily the most pro-labor candidate out of the field and has received the support of the United Steelworkers. Whether it is revising international free trade agreements, opposing right-to-work laws, or pushing for higher wages, Kucinich has excelled in his voting record and is a true champion of workers.

TV Ad: Principled

Dennis Kucinich has never supported the War in Iraq—he has stood for peace. He has resisted corporate influence—Wall Street is scared of him. Healthcare is a right for all—not something for profit. On the critical issues facing this country, Dennis Kucinich has been on the right side. Firm. Bold. Principled. I’m Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

To be aired in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Hawaii, Michigan, Maine, Washington, Missouri, and New Mexico.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2014, 01:18:03 PM »

Johnson joins Biden and Rumsfeld for Town Halls!

I am pleased to announce that I am joining Senator Biden and Secretary Rumsfeld in two town hall debates, it is important to see and hear what all sides have to say. I encourage everyone to come out to the town hall, or watch it on TV.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2014, 04:51:26 PM »

Sen. Biden's Campaign Scedul, Sep. 14th to Sep. 20th

Sep. 14th
Preparation for Town Hall Debate - Wilmington, Delaware
Rally - New York City, New York
Dinner with the Cuomos - New York City, New York
Press Conference - New York City, New York

Reporter:Senator Biden, what are your positions on Gun Control?

Biden:Well, this is a tough issue to get through, I respect your right to bear arms, certainly I do, I have a Shotgun at my own home, but, we cannot have unnecessary deaths, especially after Virginia Tech and Columbine, if you use guns well and do not intend to hurt anybody, then you're fine, but if you're intention is to kill a person or to cause harm, we can't have that, lemme clarify again, we do not intend to take away you're guns, but we cannot have people being killed again and again.

Sep. 15th
Meeting with Rep. John Boehner - Washington D.C
Tour of Beardshear Hall. - Ames, Iowa
Speech at Iowa State University - Ames, Iowa
Rally - Ames, Iowa
Fundraising - Ames, Iowa

Kids, lemme tell you something about the State of Education in this Country, and it is not good news, due to President Bush and his administration, in fact, you are less likely to receive a proper Education than you were at least 5 Years ago, with Congress de funding No Child Left Behind almost immediately, what does that tell you about how much Bush and his Administration care? Since I don't think they do, an Education Department run by Paige will be least likely to get you a job, now, under a Biden Administration, I promise to be able to get you guys a job, I do promise this

Sep. 16th
Town Hall Meeting - Manchester, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Manchester, New Hampshire
Debate Preparation - Wilmington, Delaware
Fundraising - Wilmington, Delaware

Sep. 17th
Staff Meeting - Charleston, South Carolina
Tour of Liberty Square - Charleston, South Carolina
Rally - Charleston, South Carolina
Rest
Rest

Sep. 18th
Meeting with President Bush - Washington D.C
Tour of Baltimore City Hall - Baltimore, Maryland
Meeting with Fmr. Sen. Max Cleland - Atlanta, Georgia
Rally - Ames, Iowa

Sep. 19th
Rally - Des Moines, Iowa
Tour of Manchester City Square - Manchester, New Hampshire
Staff Meeting - Manchester, New Hampshire
Debate Preparation - Manchester, New Hampshire

Sep. 20th
Rest
Rest
Rally - Ames, Iowa
Meeting with Tom Harkin - Ames, Iowa
Staff Meeting - Ames, Iowa

---------------------------------
Biden Endorsements:

Mark Warner:

I believe that Senator Joe Biden should be the future of my Party, I feel as if he will run Washington like I have run Virginia, greatly, his Policy record is impeccable, and if I could choose a standard bearer for the Party, before me *chuckle*, I'd choose Joe Biden for sure

League of Conservation Voters

This was a tough decision for us at LCV, but finally we have chosen someone to endorse, a man whose  Environment record is a record to be rivaled, and with many ideas to continue to protect Nature, and someone who will keep EPA in tip top shape, unlike the current Administration, Senator Joe Biden!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2014, 05:21:18 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Sept. 14th-20th, 2003

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Mike DeHaime
Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Pollster: Dr. Mark Campbell

September 14th, 2003; Augusta, ME
-- Launch campaign website
-- Meeting with Campaign Staff to plan media appearances
-- Press Conference with Gov. King announcing endorsement
-- Fly to Sacramento, California

Governor King: The Mayor and I have a lot in common. We’re both common sense politicians, down to earth, and practical. We’ve both had to set partisanship aside to get serious work done. That’s why I’m endorsing him for President.

September 15th, 2003; Los Angeles and Burbank, CA
-- Press Conference in LA
-- Fundraiser with West Coast Donors
-- Visit to the Getty Center
-- Drive to Burbank, CA
-- Appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Excerpt from LA Presser Mayor Giuliani: There has been some criticism from my opponents for some errors in a speech I gave last week in Maine and I’m here to address them. I’ve suffered with various speech impediments over the course of my life, I’ve had coaches and taken classes. Sometimes I get tongue-tied when giving speeches and my words get jumbled up. That’s what happened in Deering. The fact that Governor Owens would use my personal struggles to gain support is despicable.

September 16th, 2003; Phoenix, AZ
-- Fly to Phoenix, AZ
-- Private Meeting with Senator McCain
-- Meeting with Campaign Staff to discuss Gov. Owens
-- Press Conference with Senator McCain announcing endorsement
-- Fundraiser with Senator McCain
-- Attend campaign office opening in Phoenix
-- Fly to New York City

Senator McCain: When I ran for President in 2000, I ran on straight talk to the American people. I promised to tell the American people the truth, whether it was good or bad. There’s only one candidate for President now that will carry on the legacy of straight talk. He led our country through the terror of 9/11, he helped us rebuild. Rudy Giuliani is the best man to be our next President.

September 17th, 2003: New York City, NY
-- Meeting with New York Republican Donors
-- Speech to the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce
-- Meeting with Mayor Bloomberg
-- Fundraiser with Mayor Bloomberg

Excerpt from Chamber of Commerce Speech Mayor Giuliani: New York has always been a center for commerce within the New World. It was a center of trade and a key port before the Revolution, back when it was New Amsterdam. It took off as a home for the arts and a city brimming with opportunity. New York has it’s own culture, it’s own media centers, it’s own environment, it’s own ethnicity. America should take a page out of New York’s book - we’ve set aside wherever we came from, whether it’s Mexico City, Tokyo, or London, and truly united into a singular people. This spirit of unity will do America good.

September 18th, 2003: New York City, NY
-- Attend campaign office opening in Harlem
-- Meet and Greet in East Harlem with Mayor Bloomberg
-- Speech outside Mount Sinai Hospital with Mayor Bloomberg
-- Fly to Boston

Excerpt from Mount Sinai Speech Mayor Giuliani: East Harlem is not in good shape. It suffers from one of the highest teen pregnancy rates, rampant AIDS, and an asthma rate 5 times higher than the national average. There’s some work being made, but we need to turn this trend around. We must expand access to quality, affordable healthcare for all people across New York and across the nation. We need to reform Medicare and Medicaid so that our seniors, the disabled, and those with low income can actually use the services they’ve been paying into. As President, I will push for the expansion of Medicare and Medicaid because I believe that healthcare is something all Americans should be able to access.

September 19th, 2003: Boston, MA
-- Meeting with Campaign Staff to discuss public image
-- Meet with local fisherman
-- Meet with Boston Police Officers and Fire Fighters
-- Fundraiser with New England Donors
-- Amtrack to Washington, D.C.

September 20th, 2003: Washington, D.C.
-- Meeting with President Bush
-- Attend campaign office opening in D.C.
-- Fundraiser with GOP Party Donors
-- Fly to Concord, NH

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2014, 05:48:51 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates, Sept. 14th-20th, 2003

Governor George Pataki

September 14th, 2003, Albany, NY
-- Gubernatorial Duties

September 15th, 2003, Albany, NY
-- Fundraiser with New York Republican Party Leaders

September 16th, 2003, New York City, NY
-- Private Meeting with Donald Trump and Mayor Bloomberg
-- Gubernatorial Duties

September 17th, 2003, New York City and Buffalo, NY
-- Meeting with New York Republican Donors with Mayor Giuliani
-- Barnstorm in Buffalo

September 18th, 2003, Buffalo, NY
-- Meet and Greet
-- Appearance on Larry King Live via satellite

September 19th, 2003, Albany, NY
-- Rest

September 20th, 2003, New York City, NY
-- Appearance on Today
-- Meet and Greet in Brooklyn

Mayor Michael Bloomberg

September 14th, 2003, New York City, NY
-- Meet and Greet in Harlem

September 15th, 2003, New York City, NY
-- Appearance on Good Morning America
-- Mayoral Duties

September 16th, 2003, New York City, NY
-- Private Meeting with Donald Trump and Gov. Pataki
-- Fundraiser in Manhattan

September 17th, 2003, New York City, NY
-- Meeting with Mayor Giuliani
-- Fundraiser with Mayor Bloomberg

September 18th, 2003, New York City, NY
-- Meet and Greet in East Harlem with Mayor Giuliani
-- Speech outside Mount Sinai Hospital with Mayor Giuliani

September 19th, 2003, New York City, NY
-- Meet with New York City Union Leaders
-- Mayoral Duties

-- Rest

Senator John McCain

September 14th, 2003, Washington, D.C.
-- Senatorial Duties

September 15th, 2003, Washington, D.C.
-- Senatorial Duties

September 16th, 2003, Phoenix, AZ
-- Private Meeting with Mayor Giuliani
-- Press Conference with Mayor Giuliani announcing endorsement
-- Fundraiser with Arizona Republican Donors and Mayor Giuliani

September 17th, 2003, Tucson, AZ
-- Attend opening of campaign office
-- Meet and Greet with Korean War Veterans

September 18th, 2003, Tucson, AZ
-- Fundraiser with Giuliani Campaign Staff
-- Meet and Greet with Veterans Affairs Advocates

September 19th, 2003, Phoenix, AZ
-- Rest

September 20th, 2003, Phoenix, AZ
-- Rest

Governor Angus King

September 14th, 2003, Augusta, ME
-- Press Conference with Mayor Giuliani announcing endorsement

September 15th, 2003, Portland, ME
-- Fundraiser with Liberal Republicans

September 16th, 2003, Portland, ME
-- Barnstorming

September 17th, 2003, August, ME/u]
-- Rest

September 18th, 2003, Bangor, ME
-- Tour Bangor International Airport
-- Meeting with local union leaders

September 19th, 2003, Portland, ME
-- Meeting with local fishermen
-- Meet and Greet with Independents

-- Appearance on Good Morning America
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »

Howard Dean (Kucinich Surrogate) Schedule: September 14-20

September 14
-Rally and Fundraiser in Dover, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Concord, NH

September 15
-Meeting with Democratic donors in Manchester, NH

September 16
-Rest

September 17
-Rest

September 18
-Assembling campaign infrastructure in Burlington, VT

September 19
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rutland, VT
-Rally and Fundraiser in South Burlington, VT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Burlington, VT

September 20
-Meeting with union leaders in Concord, NH

Sherrod Brown (Kucinich Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: September 14-20

September 14
-Congressional duties

September 15
-Congressional duties

September 16
-Meeting with Ohio Democratic Party leaders in Cleveland, OH

September 17
-Meet and Greet in Clive, IA
-Town Hall in Altoona, IA
-Town Hall in Newton, IA

September 18
-Town Hall in Johnston, IA
-Town Hall in Indianola, IA

September 19
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Falls, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Urbandale, IA

September 20
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2014, 08:05:23 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2014, 08:51:20 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Pat Buchanan Schedule: September 14th-September 20th:

September 14th:
-Attending a Baptist Church service in Waterloo, Iowa.
-Speech at the historic Independence Mill, in Independence, Iowa.
-Rally in Manchester, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Dehli, Iowa.
-Rally in Dyersville, Iowa.
-Rally in Dubuque, Iowa.

September 15th:
-Opening campaign office in Davenport, Iowa.
-Rally in Davenport, Iowa.
-Fundraising lunch in Davenport, Iowa.
-Rally in Muscatine, Iowa.
-Rally in West Branch, Iowa.
-Touring the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch, Iowa.

September 16th:
-Rally in Iowa City, Iowa.
-Rally in Solon, Iowa.
-Rally in Elly, Iowa.
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
-Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

September 17th:
-Rally in Marengo, Iowa.
-Rally in Williamsburg, Iowa.
-Rally in Washington, Iowa.
-Rally in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.
-Rally in Burlington, Iowa.

September 18th:
-Rally in Bloomfield, Iowa.
-Rally in Ottumwa, Iowa.
-Rally in Oskaloosa, Iowa.
-Rally in Knoxville, Iowa.

September 19th:
-Flight to Washington DC.
-Strategy session in Washington DC.
-Fundraiser in Baltimore, Maryland.
-Flight to Manchester, New Hampshire.

September 20th:
-Rally with former Senator Bob Smith in Manchester, New Hampshire.
-Fundraiser in Nashua, New Hampshire.

“Pat Buchanan is one of the last remaining true Conservatives in this party. He is a man who truly believes in America and American values. He has faithfully put America first throughout all his years in public service in the Nixon and Reagan administrations, and as your President, he will do the same.”

“Pat Buchanan knows our nations security is not centered around Iraq, or Israel, or the Middle East at all. Protecting America starts at home and that means protecting our own borders and interests first.”

Surrogate Schedule
Jerry Falwell: September 15th-September 20th: Barnstorming in Iowa.
Robert Smith: September 18th-September 20th: Barnstorming in New Hampshire.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2014, 08:48:57 AM »

Surrogate: Elizabeth

Sept. 14
-Work DC Contacts for endorsements
-Fundraising remarks
-Meeting with Republican Women leaders

Sept. 15
-Announce Endorsement in Charleston
-Barnstorm military bases in South Carolina
-Be Senator

The Endorsement Speech
"*cheers as she walks onto the stage* Thank you, thank you...thank you so much. It is really great that I have a chance to be speaking to you this afternoon. It is such a great opportunity because I get the chance to speak on behalf of a true patriot. My friend, Governor Bill Owens, is a staunch conservative who is dedicated to traditional values, a strong national security, and our economic freedoms.

I'm really glad that Bill has taken the plunge and is running for President for two reasons. One, Bill is one of us. He's not some pro-abortion, New York liberal or someone who wants to surrender our role as leaders in the world. Bill's a true conservative. My second reason is that the Democratic candidates really do scare me. They scare me as a patriot, as a conservative, as a mother, and as American. Every single Democratic candidate in the running right now wants to destroy the right to bear arms and abolish the right to life. They all want to surrender our role in the world as leaders and surrender to the terrorists. They want to raise taxes and spend more and more and more, drowning our future in a sea of debt.

Bill is a true conservative who can win in the fall. He's not just someone I believe in as a person, he's someone with ideas. He's shown is conservative conscience by fighting for traditional values and lower taxes as governor. He's also shown his ability to work with the other side of the aisle by passing comprehensive transportation reform. This guy is a real leader.

I'm proud to be endorsing Governor Bill Owens for those reasons. I encourage my fellow Republicans, my fellow conservatives, and my fellow women to stand up and support Bill's fight to keep this country great. I believe in Bill Owens, I believe in America, and I hope you do too. Thank you!"

Sept. 16
-Barnstorm with Governor Owens and Governor Perry

Sept. 17
-Visit with Republican Women's groups in South Carolina
-Travel to Iowa for Americans for Tax Reform event
-Dinner with Governor Perry and Grover Norquist

Sept. 18
-Accompany Governor Owens and Governor Perry
-Fundraising calls to PAC's

Sept. 19
-Speak to Republican Women's groups in South Carolina
-Barnstorm rural South Carolina
-Talk to local GOP county committee meetings

Sept. 20
-Accompany Governor Perry
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2014, 09:34:02 AM »

Could we get General Election Matchup polling between all the candidates?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies