Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:20:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which party is best suited to handle the economy?
Labor Party
Federalist Party
Democratic Alliance
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!  (Read 9547 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 25, 2021, 11:20:16 PM »

Being President means you don't disappear when times get tough.

It is one thing to criticize someone who "disappears from the game" while making 90 some posts on the Atlas during the same time period (NeverAgain). It also is certainly worthy of critique if said person disappears for no explanation as such and then later returns asking to be entrusted with office only to do it again and again (Barnes and others come to mind).

However, in this situation we know why Scott left and we know the severity of it for real life concerns. I remember a time when PiT had to conceal the fact that his house burned down for fear that game sociopaths would use it against him in his bid for Senate. I also remember a time where I nearly got driven from office because I disappeared for a good two plus weeks because of both physical and mental health issues.

Whatever areas of disagreements one might have, it is wholly and completely inappropriate for  any candidate to seek to politicize real life problems. These problems can happen to anybody and I don't want us in a place where people are feeling they need to hide personal situations because of who might take advantage of it like we were in 2015.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 11:22:25 PM »

Okay here is the situation.

For the opponents of Spark:
From a game perspective, personal misconduct and inappropriate behavior is certainly fair grounds for a candidate to be challenged on in an election.

However, we must operate within the forum's rules as well and this can stray into the grounds of personal attack especially depending on how the posts are written.

As to the situation from Spark's perspective:
On the other boards, if say a poster makes a statement about a RL person or thing (like say Covid), the information for which can be verified, then it is practical to moderate false statements on the grounds of them being false.

However, in game it is not possible to verify the veracity of things in game as easily it can be in terms of real life situations. This has come up with regards to actions/statements etc about events on discord and offsite mediums, where policing accuracy and truth becomes far to impractical for a moderator to enforce. If it was like someone lying about the Game moderator or Presidential announcements that are public on the forum sure, but if someone is lying about something being said on Discord or in a PM, it gets dicey to enforce "falsity" on its own (unless the post in question falls under something else also) because I cannot objectively verify it and it isn't appropriate for me to make a subjective call.  

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies