IA/NH/SC/FL/GA/TX-CBS/Yougov: Sanders leads IA/NH; Clinton leads SC; Trump leads (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:12:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  IA/NH/SC/FL/GA/TX-CBS/Yougov: Sanders leads IA/NH; Clinton leads SC; Trump leads (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA/NH/SC/FL/GA/TX-CBS/Yougov: Sanders leads IA/NH; Clinton leads SC; Trump leads  (Read 4884 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: January 24, 2016, 12:57:22 PM »
« edited: January 24, 2016, 12:59:44 PM by IceSpear »

It seems the Hillary-campaign hacked the YouGov website, because they didn't like today's numbers.

I'd like these numbers if I was the Hillary campaign.

1) The Iowa result is actually pretty bad for Sanders. YouGov is consistently his best pollster and they showed him up double digits back in September.

2) He's gained nearly nothing among blacks in SC, solidifying her firewall there and countering the conventional wisdom (among Bernie supporters, that is) that they'd turn on Hillary as soon as they learned who Bernie was.

The NH numbers are bad, but I'd imagine that they've already written NH off, privately if not publicly.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 12:08:41 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/sanders-iowa-2016-strategy-hole-217997

27% of his supporters are in a concentrated area. Those places make up 21% of caucus participants and a paltry 12% of delegates.

I almost forgot the utterly ridiculous way the Iowa "results" are reported for the Democrats. Even if it ends up helping Hillary, it's obscene.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:37:50 AM »

I'm loving the confusion of the posters that thought Bernie never had a chance!

People said Bernie never had a chance in Iowa?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 01:22:52 PM »

Are we getting hints of a last minute Rubio surge?  An effective Trump vs. Rubio 2 way from SC on could be quite competitive.

Not really, but we might get one after the media does their usual spam about how he won the debate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies