S.19.2-3: Tax Inclusive Pricing (TIP) Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:59:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.2-3: Tax Inclusive Pricing (TIP) Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.19.2-3: Tax Inclusive Pricing (TIP) Act (Statute)  (Read 3440 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: May 02, 2019, 01:22:10 AM »

An interesting discussion, and from spending a good half-hour chunk of my life reading about this Mr. R's interpretation seems more accurate...but remember, that's US law. This court case is from 2017--post reset--and therefore doesn't apply to us.

Now, I wouldn't advocate passing a bill just so the Supreme Court can do something, but I was leaning in favor of this idea already, and well, it doesn't hurt! Smiley

Any other thoughts?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 05:41:39 AM »

You are obviously not aware that isn't directed at you. But at NY government and the whole court case.

Hopefully these potential amendments may make this more constitutionally robust and immune to the Yankee carpetbagging tomfoolery that was brought to our attention by Mr. Reactionary. Thank you good sir.

You say this like the NY government made the decision against it, when aren't they actually the ones who first did your proposal? Not taking a dig at the bill here, I just find that odd.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 12:38:22 AM »

Eh, it's a stretch, but if you really wanted to say "Yankee carpetbagging" this much I can't deny you the right to do so!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 11:09:38 PM »

As the only additonal comments have been unrelated to amending the bill further, I motion for a final vote.

I second the motion.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 08:50:58 PM »

Aye FTR
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies