Proposal. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:46:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Proposal. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Proposal.  (Read 4659 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: November 12, 2010, 12:08:01 AM »

There's no point in arguing this. We all know what happened and it's silly to watch the left pretend like it isn't what we say it is. Yankee had done a fine job as PPT and there was no reason to fire him from a strictly non-partisan job. The only reason Kal broke the tie for BK was due to his party, which is sad but let's not pretend there were other motives.

That said, I don't want to drag BK through the mud. I just hope he's more active now than he has been since he's now leading the senate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:13:42 AM »

And to answer the OP question, there is plenty of bipartisanship in some areas, but this administration has proven to be one of the most partisan I have ever seen in atlasia. They simply dOnt care about anyone who isn't in their party or didn't vote for them, as evidence by their cabinet picks and now by this move. It's really a frustrating thing because I think many people wish it wasn't that way.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 02:23:45 PM »

How many times must we highlight the bipartisanship of the last right administration before you all will stop saying "you did the same thing!" It's like talking to a wall. Look guys, it's over and done with and we should move on, but I have to call people out on that BS.

But really, the extreme arrogance is just really gross. Don't tell someone to f**k off if you're the VP. You have some standard to uphold.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 02:58:52 PM »

No one is asking for you to resign. Come on now! Politics is about debate and disagreements. It's not like I have a personal hatred for you, far from it, but I am mainly hitting on Hans' point when he says the right is also just as partisan when that wasn't the case with our last administration. I have the right, and the duty, to say something. Hell, I've been called a lot worse in my past and I kept on truckin' Tongue

Hang in there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 03:04:09 PM »

Also, I don't think anyone is going to call BK a villain in this game. He's one of my closest friends here. But in a purely non-partisan decision based on the evidence at hand, the choice in my mind was clear.

Candidate 1: Former PPT, did a fine job and revolutionized the VP spot, but recently was nearly expelled for inactivity in the Senate after missing several votes.

Candidate 2: Current PPT, has done more than an adequate job in motivating an unusually lazy Senate, always sends vote PMs, motivates and presents bills in a non-partisan fashion.

In that scenario, it would make no sense at all to fire candidate 2 from his job. But really, both men are highly qualified for the position. I just hope that, if BK does run into spots where he may be inactive, he lets someone know or resigns, because instead of missing a vote, the whole Senate will come to a standstill.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies