So will any other Hillary supporters be voting for McCain? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:09:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  So will any other Hillary supporters be voting for McCain? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So will any other Hillary supporters be voting for McCain?  (Read 6960 times)
emergingDmajority1
Rookie

« on: May 07, 2008, 03:43:13 PM »
« edited: May 07, 2008, 03:47:50 PM by emergingDmajority1 »

Count 3 from my family. My mother, father, and myself. All supporters of Hillary, all voted for her in the primary...all will jump ship to McCain without even a second thought.
emergingDmajority1
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 09:47:56 PM »

here is a post I lifted from Obama Underground (formerly Democratic Underground) I feel it best expresses how the rest of us feel about Obama.

If this is too long to read, so be it. I said what I have to say. I don't care who disagrees.

If it wasn’t for Edwards, obama would already be back in Illinois holding routine town meetings. I would bet odds a hundred to one John is cursing the days he did all the dirty work on Hillary. It would have been him and Hillary now that we were left to decide between if John hadn’t strategized that he would attack Hillary in the early debates, and ignore obama.

The media played right along simultaneously and did nothing. Their usual standard of excellence. Instead of raking obama’s closets for the Wrights and exposing his arrogance to the bitter people of all the other states, prior to only finding it out before Pennsylvania, they kept him alive. Had Edwards slammed into obama, he would be nothing but at a memory along with the other also-rans.

Oufit obama in a ten gallon hat, cowboy boots, put him on the back of a covered wagon and you couldn’t tell him from one of the snake oil salesmen who peddled colored water touting it to cure everything from ulcers to baldness. I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could see him in an open field. Him and his arrogant ever present peppermint stick finger wagging as he preaches like the pastor he so now denounces after chumming up with him for twenty years. And even touting him early in his campaign. I have to laugh every time I think of it.

There is no doubt in my mind, both obamas sit in their hotel room at night after campaign rallies and brainstorm for Rosa Parks invoking slogans that will suck you all in so he can pause for the applause and adulation in his next contrived speech. Just like the phony he is. He’s a power crazy, self adoring, opportunist. And of course his wife has never been proud of America until now. Exactly.

He spends multi millions of dollars advertising around the clock on every channel he can buy time on, for an upcoming primary in a state he “knows” doesn’t count for anything towards delegates. Running them the entire week before the primary is held. Then claims he didn’t campaign. Bwha ha ha ha. Yes, by all means make him your choice for president. You definitely want a man who spends millions he got from you for something he says is irrelevant. That’s a definite winner.

He's never had an original thought in his political life. He rushed out a health care plan because Edwards was cleaning his clock over the issue, having one long before him. Then almost predictably was able to listen to Hillary’s answers first during most of their “debates.” Therefore he could conveniently spring board off of all her answers.

If they were ever to have a real debate where only the two were asking each other questions, she would screw him into the floor. His lack of knowledge would be so apparent, it would be embarrassing. If he was elected, he would literally be one of the only presidents--at least of my era, that would be dumber than anybody in his cabinet. The only other is the puss bag that’s in the office now. Saturday Night Live wasn’t satire. They were so dead on the money it wasn’t funny.

If he is ever on the stage with McCain where they will have strict time constraints, where you have a minute to two minutes to make your point, obama will be looking for a way to crawl off the stage on his hands and knees. He cannot stand to let anybody get the last word, or remotely criticize him. His ego is in the stratosphere. To present, he has had the luxury to ramble, “clarify” his last clarification, and talk for an additional five minutes after Hillary slammed him. All because the moderators were a joke. So were the debate “rules.” Those weren’t debates, those were string bean oratories. And the media stooges just let him bullsh**t on and on.

That won’t happen with the presidential debates. There will be time constraints. Obama is absolutely incapable of short, concise, intelligent summary statements because he talks in circles and makes up sh**t as he goes. Then he has to come back and pull litter over it. When McCain hits him with a zinger and he forcibly has to shut up because time is up, he will freak. You will see another bush fuming on the stool. How dare anyone question the great obama!

If he somehow wangles his way to the nomination, it will be a slaughter. The Harold Ford “swift boating” will be like comparing it to a vacation on the French Riviera. The sleaze the 527's will roll out for your heart throb will be unrivaled in political history. And when they get done with him, he will look like he was run over by a soccer team wearing golf spikes.

There aren’t enough Democrats in the United States to counter the number of republicans that will keep coming over the hill to vote for Grandpa McCain. The republican independents will also all come home to the safety of the terror touting ex prisoner of war. And if you haven’t heard, a HUGE number of Hillary supporters will never vote for string bean no matter what. Live in la la land all you want, the exit polls have given you those unequivocal facts. And I am one of those millions.

If the primaries were run on the model of the republican system with winner take all, Hillary would be waltzing to the nomination. He doesn’t win any of the state primaries, that almost always without fail, provide the crucial electoral college nail biting votes absolutely essential to win the election. He wins the states that the republicans will have another blow out, as sure as the sun comes up tomorrow. Or he wins the caucus states.  Problem is, there won't be any caucus on election day.

Blacks have primarily voted for him in the primaries for one reason. He’s a brother of the cloth. Like a Harley rider recognizes another Harley rider. I give great credit to that small percentage who break from that tempting opportunity to raise one of their own to the position of world’s most powerful human irrespective of the gravity of the wrong choice. And instead carefully analyze the credentials, coming to the conclusion that Hillary’s credentials trump that long awaited historic opportunity.

I would love to be able to know the exact true percentage of how many Blacks who have voted for him, could not name one bill that he voted for, or one that he didn’t. I bet the number would be astounding. The sad fact is, it wouldn’t matter if he didn’t know the address of the Capitol. He represents what they are and campaign workers are going door to door carrying purely that message. Here’s a flash, the republicans could care less. They never sought the Black vote and never expect to get it.

The other demographics that buy into his hope-a-dope, are the young and the upper middle class. And it is upper, to be certain. If a lot of you are earning over fifty thousand dollars a year, something is drastically wrong with the poverty level statistic. Does appeal to the upwardly more affluent remind you of anything? The people who have a nice standard of living flocking to a person’s campaign for election because they want to keep their nice standard of living? It starts with an r, and ends with ublican. Isn’t it funny that the low wage earner supports Clinton and those with money want the man who they think is going to be the best to further the interests of their investment accounts?

Then the overwhelming support of Senator Clinton by the elderly, and bearers of many years of life experiences with previous administrations. Those who struggled through the numerous bloody wars, through the almost mutual nuclear annihilation of the US and the Soviet Union-- were it not for a man of unparalleled bravery and judgment in crisis who turned the ships around and prevented World War III. Those who have a basis for evaluation, balancing a past against a future in an election, have rationalized only Senator Clinton wins their confidence.

This seasoned voter of life experience, chooses the woman who has been as close to being president without having the title as you can possibly be. Knowing, that having already acted for eight years in the official capacity as emissary to the world leaders and their wives–knowing them personally--is experience that cannot remotely be compared in a serious analysis with that of a trainee. If obama was faced with the decision of John F. Kennedy, he would have filled his knickers.

And the real irony is that at no time was I ever upside down obsessed with passion to see Hillary Clinton as our first choice for president either. The one person who would have taken this republic of ours and astonished the world with his leadership and integrity, chose to selfishly ignore America’s need and pursue his agenda of passion as a private citizen. Honorable and prolific as that goal may be, there is no greater way to influence the world to the cause of global warming than as president of the United States of America presiding at a G-8 summit.

He could have won the Democratic nomination and the election in a cake walk. The support on the internet would have been so great, it would have melted the tubes. He would have had influence over the entire world for his goals, while at the same time guiding our ship out of the troubled waters we’re going to be lucky to survive without him. But he chose private life over America imploring his need. I may never forgive him for that.

more here:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=5863583&mesg_id=5863583

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies