Richard Dawkins loses ‘humanist of the year’ title over trans comments (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:27:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Richard Dawkins loses ‘humanist of the year’ title over trans comments (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Richard Dawkins loses ‘humanist of the year’ title over trans comments  (Read 1729 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: April 20, 2021, 07:20:12 PM »

As others have noted in this thread, and as I've noted many times on this site, feminists spent decades saying gender was a completely made up social construct and there were no intrinsic non physical differences between men and women. Anyone who disagreed was a sexist bigot. Now they are saying gender is an innate part of people's identities and if you disagree and take the same position they had about five years ago then you're still a bigot. Understandably there's some confusion here.

It's even more confusing when they continue to use the "OMGEE, GENDER ISN'T REAL" rhetoric in every other context besides trans issues and insist there are no differences between men and women, unless you're a transman/woman, in which case your gender is the defining tenet of who you are.

Feminist "theory" has been pretty incoherent for a long time, but geez, this might be a new low.

Um sweetie, why does everything have to make sense and be logical to you? Are you still hung up on the outdated idea that words have to have objective meaning? Is a little cognitive dissonance really that big a price to pay for supporting trans youth? That's a yikes from me my dude; I'm literally shaking rn.

Yup it does.

This isn't necessarily an anti-trans thing. I'm completely open to the idea that there is such a thing as a "brain sex" and that the wiring is essentially switched in a small chunk of people. The thing with that is that it would mean that some gender stereotypes are actually true, like women being more emotional or men being more aggressive, for hypothetical examples. Of course feminists aren't willing to concede that so their position is nonsensical. You can't assert that there's such a thing as a  brain sex and not be able to provide a single example of how it manifests itself.
Sir your sarcasm meter is broken.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies