George W. Bush’s unmistakable takedown of Trumpism — and Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:18:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  George W. Bush’s unmistakable takedown of Trumpism — and Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George W. Bush’s unmistakable takedown of Trumpism — and Trump  (Read 3687 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 19, 2017, 09:29:39 PM »

This guy stole his first Presidential election, started a $2 trillion war that created ISIS,  ran  against SSM for his second Presidential election, and then completely botched Katrina. Why does anyone take him seriously here?

I think I actually have an answer.

A lot of people here are 21 and younger. My age, to be more specific. I grew up with George W. Bush. As much as the rational part of me knows how atrocious his Presidency was, George W. Bush slots nicely into the nostalgic part of my memories, alongside Pokemon Ruby version and the Nintendo Gamecube. Combine that with his admittedly warm personality and you get a comforting figure in a very uncomfortable era. If you're younger, you might not even have that many memories of the Bush Presidency. And he does have that same warm personality that he used to lie us into war.
I'm 22 and I remember how awful he was. When I was 5 years old, I was sad that he defeated Gore because I knew that he was bad news for the environment.

I'm almost 24 and I remember having a bad feeling after the Supreme Court Declared Dubya the winner and I was proven right, he was atrocious. I remember the run up to the Iraq War in late 2002 and early 2003 and remember that it didn't make sense that we were invading Iraq when Iraq didn't attack us. I remember the instability in the Middle East and Oil Prices sky rocketing, and being through the roof by the fall of 2008 (I was learning to drive that  summer and let's just say I didn't get a lot of practice in because Gas Prices were too high). I remember how badly he botched Katrina and I really started to begin to understand economics and economic policy during the financial crisis in 2008 and remember fearing another depression. Granted, I have some fond memories from the 2000s as well (mostly from television and movies, and my family life was more stable), but George W. Bush doesn't tie into them at all.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 12:16:29 PM »

With regards to what Dubya said though, I agree with him. However, his party over the last 48 years caused a lot of the problems he was speaking about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies