The best a Democrat can do in West Virginia (2016) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:07:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The best a Democrat can do in West Virginia (2016) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The best a Democrat can do in West Virginia (2016)  (Read 6794 times)
timothyinMD

« on: December 19, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »

Can the next Democratic nominee stop the bleeding in WV? I doubt anyone can win it, but who could bring the totals back above 40% for example?

I recall so many of you scoffing when I said repeatedly that Obama would hit an historic low for Democrats in WV.

Some of you goons even said Obama would IMPROVE in WV (And Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas...)  Hahaha

Clinton would not win Ark, Tenn, Ky or W. Va. 

Next...
timothyinMD

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »

Can the next Democratic nominee stop the bleeding in WV? I doubt anyone can win it, but who could bring the totals back above 40% for example?

Clinton would carry West Virginia, Kentucky, maybe Tennessee, definitely Arkansas, and turn Louisiana into a tossup state.

Doubtful. She'd lose WV, KY and TN by single digits at best. She'd probably win Arkansas in a very narrow surprise, kind of like when Obama won NC in 2008. Louisiana is long gone for the Democrats.

This erroneous thinking stems from many Democrats' belief that Obama did so badly in WV, TN, AR, MO, KY because he's black.  Its not.  It's because he's a DEMOCRAT, a far left one at that.  Hillary could possibly get back above 40% in some of those states but they will still be Republican by at least 10%
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies