6 Officers Charged In Freddy Gray Death; 2nd Deg. Murder & Manslaughter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:06:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  6 Officers Charged In Freddy Gray Death; 2nd Deg. Murder & Manslaughter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6 Officers Charged In Freddy Gray Death; 2nd Deg. Murder & Manslaughter  (Read 10543 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: May 01, 2015, 11:14:12 AM »

The driver was the one charged with murder? That seems quite unexpected. Eagerly awaiting the details...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »

Its gonna be really hard to disprove the false imprisonment charge. I feel like that charge is almost an automatic for a guilty result.

I completely agree and that is the most horrifying willful action on their part as far as we know, but it is just a misdemeanor after all.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 12:27:35 PM »

Goodson claims audio exists of him asking other officers to restrain Gray

I was always disgusted by the absurd Nero/Miller charges, but this basically settles it for me. At least 90% of these charges are nonsense, and obviously none of them should result in any sort of criminal punishment. Incredibly upsetting to see such seemingly lovely people's lives ruined in the name of politics. Sad

I can hardly bear to live in this world any longer.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 05:20:31 PM »

obviously things went really wrong but these officers didn't set out to kill a guy.   I'm curious what was the plan? police make eye contact with a guy and he takes off so they have probable cause to chase and apprehend and search him. But once they found nothing illegal (folding knife is legal) they still arrested him and put him in the van. Why? What were they going to do with him once he got to the station?

Also, let's be real for a moment? Who here is going to call out their superior for such a thing in the moment?

The new thing being pushed is "suspected drug deal" though I certainly don't buy that. How would the prosecutor be unaware of such an important fact?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 05:31:52 PM »

Goodson claims audio exists of him asking other officers to restrain Gray

I was always disgusted by the absurd Nero/Miller charges, but this basically settles it for me. At least 90% of these charges are nonsense, and obviously none of them should result in any sort of criminal punishment. Incredibly upsetting to see such seemingly lovely people's lives ruined in the name of politics. Sad

I can hardly bear to live in this world any longer.

Goodson sounds like a good guy to flip on the rest of the officers and testify for the prosecution.

Why would he get the strongest charges against him then? Wouldn't you think they just charge someone else with nonsense they didn't do just to testify against the central guy they want to put away? It sounded like the prosecutor wanted to make Goodson the face of this with the murder charge.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »

Beautiful news today! The rule of the mob cannot prevail. The most obviously innocent of those officers charged was cleared today by a judge.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-ci-nero-verdict-20160521-story.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies