Opinion of Provisional Driver's Licenses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:20:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of Provisional Driver's Licenses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of Provisional Driver's Licenses  (Read 3507 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 25, 2008, 07:50:01 PM »

For obvious reasons I disapprove, especially the plan New Jersey puts forth.

The biggest qualm I have is not over hours, but the asinine restriction they have limited 17 year old drivers to one person outside of the family.  Although I will be the first to admit I hardly ever let this stop me, they actually give tickets for this (I know someone a ticket away from losing their license).  The restriction not only is bad for the environment, its bad for the checkbook as more people have to drive, which increases congestion on the road.

So what do you think?  Should all driver's licenses be equal or no?

The simple fact is that teenage drivers are far more likely to suffer distractions than adult drivers, regardless of experience level.  More passengers means more distraction for the driver.  So it is actually safer to have two 17 year drivers on the road with a friend each that to have one 17 year old driver with three friends in the car.

From a safety point of view, the limit should be zero non-family passengers, but that would mean parents would have to drive their minor kids on dates, and that's not gonna happen.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 08:34:11 PM »

I'm much too nervous to do things that require fine motor skills. I can't even play a song on the flute without practicing it for hours. I would flip out if I had to maneuver 3,000 pounds of steel.

Flipping out isn't what you need to worry about.  Flipping over is. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies