10 Government Jobs That Cost 100K/yr Each
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:31:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  10 Government Jobs That Cost 100K/yr Each
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 10 Government Jobs That Cost 100K/yr Each  (Read 1783 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 04:41:59 PM »

Why don't we talk about the pubic employees

Well, there's the problem right there.

What? The public sector unions are vilified every election cycle nowadays. Just look at how much flak teachers and state workers get!

The pubic employees aren't reviled in Nevada.
Link
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 08:01:44 PM »

Really, you're using The Blaze as a credible source? It is literally a propaganda site for Glenn Beck and his pet issues.

Which of the underlying facts asserted in the article do you believe is false?

All of them.

We don't have time to go googling around to debunk your garbage sources.  Get a credible unbiased source and try again.  This waste of time is the oldest trick in the politics forum business.  theblaze and other cesspools generate false stories to keep the partisan hacks well supplied with lies to tell the general public.  Quit wasting our time.

If you have any evidence that any of the facts asserted in the article were not correct by all means share it. Attacking entire websites is a variation of the ad hominem fallacy.

That's not how it works.  You don't just fling BS against the wall and then ask us to go out and get sources.  Get a real source first and then we'll talk.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 11:06:48 PM »

Really, you're using The Blaze as a credible source? It is literally a propaganda site for Glenn Beck and his pet issues.

Which of the underlying facts asserted in the article do you believe is false?

All of them.

We don't have time to go googling around to debunk your garbage sources.  Get a credible unbiased source and try again.  This waste of time is the oldest trick in the politics forum business.  theblaze and other cesspools generate false stories to keep the partisan hacks well supplied with lies to tell the general public.  Quit wasting our time.

If you have any evidence that any of the facts asserted in the article were not correct by all means share it. Attacking entire websites is a variation of the ad hominem fallacy.

That's not how it works.  You don't just fling BS against the wall and then ask us to go out and get sources.  Get a real source first and then we'll talk.

I cited an article that is real. It is a "real source." If you have any reason to doubt the facts presented in the article by all means state your objections.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2012, 09:53:48 AM by Torie »

in Glendale, it seems that about everybody is grossly overpaid, with some fire fighters getting about 400K per year, with their overtime games.

That's not true. All figures in the link include overtime pay.
http://www.opengovernmentinglendalecalifornia.org/CoG%20Employee%20Salaries,%202006%20&%202007.htm

Out of date, and does not include fringe benefits (add 40% to that). I have the piece of paper somewhere. If I can find it in my emails of old, I will post it. It was sent to me by a man who knows - the former chief of police of Pasadena, who in that job also ran the fire department. He now makes his living running the traps on this issue.
You're claiming that salaries have more than doubled in the past five years. At a time when every government agency in the country has been looking for ways to cut just about everything. I'm calling a big fat bs. Prove me wrong. Please.

No need to get so caustic really.  Here is a list from 2010. Add 40% to the numbers for the value of pensions and fringe benefits. Notice that it contains sixteen pages listing names of Glendale employees making 100K or more, or 140K or more including ancillary benefits.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 11:22:47 PM »

Why don't we talk about the pubic employees

Well, there's the problem right there.

What? The public sector unions are vilified every election cycle nowadays. Just look at how much flak teachers and state workers get!

I think that went over your head. Or, rather, perhaps ... under it.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 02:45:53 AM »

Yes, California is terribly, stupidly, and awfully managed and run. And its state government needs to be cut down to size, preferably with machetes, not scalpels.

At the same time, I don't see what else this reflects on. Is this supposed to make me want to slash the federal workforce or something?

For some strange reason, Americans love their state governments and hate the federal government when the former is often far more profligate (especially in the blue states).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies