Trouble in Kansas for Trump? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:00:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trouble in Kansas for Trump? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trouble in Kansas for Trump?  (Read 1338 times)
The Arizonan
United States

« on: August 15, 2016, 03:04:09 PM »

Why is it that Kansas is such a Republican state? Even throughout its history as a state, it has been consistently Republican and it's one of two states that has never had two Democratic senators simultaneously.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 03:35:56 PM »

Why is it that Kansas is such a Republican state? Even throughout its history as a state, it has been consistently Republican and it's one of two states that has never had two Democratic senators simultaneously.
What's the other state? Does Vermont count on the technicality of Independents not officially being Democrats?

Yes, I'm talking about Vermont. Pat Leahy is the only Democrat elected to the Senate from Vermont. Bernie Sanders was elected as an Independent.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 03:44:54 PM »

What's the other state? Does Vermont count on the technicality of Independents not officially being Democrats?

He switched back to Independent, so I'm tempted to keep Vermont on the list.

Yes, I'm talking about Vermont. Pat Leahy is the only Democrat elected to the Senate from Vermont. Bernie Sanders was elected as an Independent.

Wasn't Bernie a registered Democrat for a good part of the primary? If so, that technically removes VT from this status.

Bernie Sanders switched back to Independent, so I'm tempted to keep Vermont on the list.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies