. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:48:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  . (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: .  (Read 1267 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: April 01, 2010, 08:20:53 PM »
« edited: April 01, 2010, 09:48:01 PM by Lunar »

Agreed with NiK. Santorum is almost advertising his bid on a neon sign.

Well, he HAS to whip out the neon sign to stay relevant even if he only privately gives himself a 10% chance.

I think it's a great question, and I don't think I can give anyone besides Palin Romney & Pawlenty an over 50% of running.  
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 09:19:23 PM »

Lunar,

So you are thinking Romney is going to pass?  I'm thinking along the same lines.

He's already running seven behind his performance in Missouri in 2008.  This was the first poll conducted post-HC.

I don't think that at all!  I think Romney is about as sure of a candidate as you can get these days.  He's actively campaigning in all of the primary states [note his recent endorsement of Nikki Haley in South Carolina, that's a BIG indication he's serious about 2012], fundraising, and keeping a top-notch campaign staff around...there is no indication that Romney isn't going to run in 2012.  Really, unlike Palin & Huckabee, Romney hasn't gotten a day job that could serve as an alternative to presidential candidate. 

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:47:01 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2010, 09:49:56 PM by Lunar »

oops I meant Romney when I said Palin, I don't think Palin has over a 50% chance of running, as of now.  My mistake.

It's hard to tell Santorum's personal odds for running for president, I think it's too vague to give it >50%.  I was just trying to say that if he wants to leave the door OPEN at all, he needs to act serious and get the media mentions now, and then decide later.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies