Species Bill of 2005 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:50:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Species Bill of 2005 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Species Bill of 2005  (Read 3605 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: August 08, 2005, 01:48:06 AM »

I agree with Senator True Democrat, life in prison for four offenses relating to endangered animals is outrageous, as is the $500k fine for the first offense.  Kill one plant from a species that's endangered and pay half a million?  That's overkill (pun intended).

Personally, I think that it's a good idea, but it could use refinement... for example, we should have to make it required to prove that the person knew that it was endangered and still killed it, as well as tweaking the punishment to be a little bit more reasonable.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 02:43:31 AM »

d. If any endangered or threatened species said offender shall be fined 500,000 on the first offense, 1 million and 5 years in prison for the second offense and 2 million and 30 years in prison for the third offense. If the offender commits a fourth offense life in prison shall be enforced.

What does this mean?

And don't you think life in prison is a little much.  I mean, I'm all for protecting the environment, but sending people to prison forever is outrageous.

I was more concerned about what this phrase means...

"If any endangered or threatened species said offender"

...as it lacks a relevant verb in order to make sense.

But your point is valid as well.  Smiley

I have a feeling that what was meant is this:

"If a person shall kill a member of any endangered or threatened species..."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies