Fox: WikiLeaks releases huge archive of secret CIA documents and hacking tools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:43:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Fox: WikiLeaks releases huge archive of secret CIA documents and hacking tools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox: WikiLeaks releases huge archive of secret CIA documents and hacking tools  (Read 2343 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: March 07, 2017, 02:50:51 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/07/wikileaks-releases-entire-hacking-capacity-cia.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have to admit, even as someone who generally favors disclosure of overreaching digital surveillance programs, releasing actual hacking tools and what I imagine are also zero day exploits is extremely inappropriate and dangerous. Hopefully whatever was released is not everything needed to implement each of the pieces of malware because analyses of the US Intel Community's malware suites have shown significant sophistication and would make them arguably the most powerful spying platforms in the world. It's hard to say how reckless such a public release would be.

At this point, Ecuadorian government should be pressured with harsh economic sanctions (among other things, maybe threatening to add them to the list of state sponsors of terrorism) to turn over Assange to the CIA.  He's clearly a serious threat to America's national security at this point.  I don't care whether he's a Trump shill or not, but he's clearly a Russian agent or ally who has done serious damage to our nation's security and will inevitably put American lives in danger if he hasn't already (I'm sure he has, but admittedly don't know enough to say for sure).  It's really a shame b/c there is a very real need for a good-faith version of Wikileaks and for a while, Assange was releasing information the public truly needed to know (although even then, he was a fugitive from justice and all-around creep). 

To what extent is Assange still responsible for the day-to-day operation of WikiLeaks? There has to be someone ready to step in and fill the void if he gets arrested, right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies