Guess who Hewlett-Packard's political action committee supports for CA senate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:33:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Guess who Hewlett-Packard's political action committee supports for CA senate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guess who Hewlett-Packard's political action committee supports for CA senate?  (Read 1206 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:55:47 PM »

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/capitolalertlatest/2010/01/hp-campaign-con.html

So far, Hewlett-Packard has given the maximum amount to Sen. Barbara Boxer but hasn't contributed toward its own former CEO, Carly Fiorina, campaign finance reports show.

Boxer has received the maximum $10,000 from Hewlett-Packard's political action committee toward her re-election, including $3,000 in the last quarter of 2009, her campaign reported today. HP's PAC gives to congressional candidates "who share HP's public policy views," using donations from employees rather than corporate funds, according to HP's Web site.

Fiorina, a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, was president and CEO of HP from 1999 to 2005, when she was fired in a dispute with the company's board of directors. The only HP-related donation she reported was a $250 contribution from a Roseville-based HP manager.

One of Fiorina's GOP rivals, Assemblyman Chuck DeVore, benefited more than Fiorina from the HP fortune. DeVore received $2,400 from Arianna Packard, the granddaughter of the founder of Hewlett Packard, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »

Maybe it has something to do with "that woman" running Hewlett-Packard into near BK.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 11:18:04 PM »

Or, they'll contribute to all sides.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 11:19:20 PM »

They've already had that opportunity and made their intentions clear.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 11:42:24 PM »

Indeed. HP knows firsthand that Carly Fiorina is a miserable failure, and I can't imagine them donating to her election campaign ever. If nothing else, the amount of bad blood between her and the current leadership is enormous. (Disclaimer: A cousin-once-removed of mine is an HP exec, not naming names.)
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 11:47:44 PM »

Campbell is the person needed to go up against Boxer, not Fiorina or DeVore. Fiorina has too much baggage which worries me of her chances of a successful race against Boxer, and DeVore is too right wing even for many Republican voters in places such as Orange and Placer counties. Campbell has a successful record in Washington, and in state politics has proven to be a responsible and independent leader. Plus it would be pretty difficult for Boxer to pull her usual playbook out to try and beat Campbell, so she would be vulnerable if he wins (and I think he will) the Republican primary.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 11:51:41 PM »

Yes, Mr. Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun control will win the Republican primary. Roll Eyes
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 11:52:22 PM »

Yes, Mr. Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun control will win the Republican primary. Roll Eyes

he's leading in the polls.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 11:59:26 PM »

He certainly would broaden the Republican tent if elected. Wink
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »

Indeed. HP knows firsthand that Carly Fiorina is a miserable failure, and I can't imagine them donating to her election campaign ever. If nothing else, the amount of bad blood between her and the current leadership is enormous. (Disclaimer: A cousin-once-removed of mine is an HP exec, not naming names.)

I agree that Fiorina is very weak, but I'm wondering about the timing.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 02:45:59 AM »

Has Carlyfornia started spending her $20 million yet?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 02:50:02 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2010, 02:52:39 AM by Lunar »

Has Carlyfornia started spending her $20 million yet?

Somewhat, but I mean, the primaries are coming up, blasting money a few weeks before the primary might not be enough

I wouldn't put Campbell as the favorite to win the primary, but having run statewide a couple times, he certainly has the name recognition.  And he has an undetermined amount of part establishment behind him (the people who convinced him to switch races and who view the truth that Carlyfornia and Chuck are utterly unelectable in California).

I was really mocking the attitude that Campbell was doomed to lose the primary, when he's leading in the polling.  Carlyfornia has shown no inclination towards competence throughout her existence and DeVore is a boring ideologue detached from reality.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »

I am hoping that my state representative wins the primary (and the general, for that matter).
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 03:49:09 PM »

I am hoping that my state representative wins the primary (and the general, for that matter).

I have a feeling he'll do the former. California Republicans are insane.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies