RIP MattVT, FF (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:03:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  RIP MattVT, FF (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RIP MattVT, FF  (Read 1190 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: October 20, 2014, 06:38:45 AM »

I deeply apologize for all of this. There really has been a lot of real life sh**t going on over literally the past year with the family back in Vermont, and I've tried to stay active and productive in a game I, and everyone else here enjoys. I understand what people are saying: "Well if you can't serve actively in the assembly, then how are you going to serve in the senate?" I'm running for senator to give the voters a choice, and to give them an alternative voice. I greatly respect Senator Bore, but I wanted this election to actually be an election. When I decided to run, it appeared as though the race may be uncontested, (Mr. Lief joined very recently). All I know, is that if Labor goes on the offensive about my track record, or anybody else's, they aren't in any position to defend theirs.

Again, I hope everything clears up RL. That is obviously your first priority.

However, your last sentence doesn't make any sense. You are running against Senator Bore, not the Labor Party, and his track record is quite easily defensible, especially since your campaign or anyone supporting your campaign has failed to give a reason why you'd be superior to him in the Senate besides that "you'd work across party-lines" or canned nonsense like that. Although you can dispute allegations of inactivity on your part, you definitely cannot try to defend that with a strawman attack on an entire party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies