2020 Oregon Redistricting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:16:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Oregon Redistricting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Oregon Redistricting  (Read 22074 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 21, 2021, 06:19:31 AM »

Wait so Dems made a deal with Rs then backed away from the deal? Is that more or less what happened?

I for one can’t wait until our computer overlords draw all the maps and cut all of this human bickering nonsense out once and for all.

Ehhh, yes and no.  Democrats are obeying the letter of the law Re: the agreement, but not the spirit and offering concessions on the state legislative maps to soften the blow if I understand the situation correctly.  Republicans do have an equal number of seats on the redistricting committee, but both parties offered clear gerrymanders re: the congressional maps.  Democrats - I think - are basically saying we’ll just vote to discharge the map from the committee for a floor vote when the committee deadlocks.

Caveat: I haven’t followed the latest developments super closely so I could be a bit off.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 03:15:15 PM »

Idiots
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies