ABC/Ipsos: Biden +1 (RV), +4 (LV)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:55:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  ABC/Ipsos: Biden +1 (RV), +4 (LV)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ABC/Ipsos: Biden +1 (RV), +4 (LV)  (Read 1312 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2024, 10:09:38 PM »

Speaking only for myself, I don't think I ever explicitly doomed, however I will admit that I am quite worried. Nonetheless, rationally or not I still think Biden has the edge, and I like seeing polls like this that can reinforce that belief lol.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2024, 10:14:13 PM »

Speaking only for myself, I don't think I ever explicitly doomed, however I will admit that I am quite worried. Nonetheless, rationally or not I still think Biden has the edge, and I like seeing polls like this that can reinforce that belief lol.
My overall map has not changed for months lol (and honestly likely won’t change much between now and November if current trends continue)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2024, 10:44:04 PM »

I think this is going to be the closest-feeling election since 2004 and we just need to adjust to having a race that doesn't feel like one side is a strong favorite like people did in 2020 or (incorrectly) in 2016. Some Democrats are so unused to not leading all the time that they interpret a close race as getting killed six months out.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2024, 02:20:19 AM »

We still need to see Biden doing better in some battleground state polls, but the recent freakout by many really still seems premature, and I knew I would regret buying into it.
These next 6 months are gonna be lit.

Users don't have confidence in voting we have overperform polls in most special Edays

53 percent of the people don't agree that Trump economy is good that's what Biden when he debated Trump gotta relay to voters that the economy was terrible with Trump tax cuts, voters forgotten the Recession that Trump put us thru
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2024, 08:02:51 AM »

I think this is going to be the closest-feeling election since 2004 and we just need to adjust to having a race that doesn't feel like one side is a strong favorite like people did in 2020 or (incorrectly) in 2016. Some Democrats are so unused to not leading all the time that they interpret a close race as getting killed six months out.

Yeah I'd rather the polls be close so we know going in it'll be close, unlike 2020 when it was more of a surprise that it was close.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2024, 01:24:22 PM »

I think it's more an issue of the Electoral College's Republican bias in most cycles. Even a poll with Biden leading in the popular vote needs to be large enough for it to be an actual victory in our idiotic system.

I take some solace in the LV finding though. I remember that for Suozzi in the special election his leads were larger in LV screens than in others, yet that ended up closer to his actual winning margin. Not only that, but if likely voters are more certain to vote for Biden, his campaign can focus more on persuading other voters.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies