BREAKING: Wisconsin to recount presidential votes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:24:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  BREAKING: Wisconsin to recount presidential votes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Wisconsin to recount presidential votes  (Read 2295 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »

While your main point that the whole "VOTER FRAUD!!1!1!" thing is really annoying, Alton, I think that this recount is not bad. For the voter's sake, at least, considering Republican voter suppression efforts were very active in Wisconsin. I highly doubt this will change anything, but if it does, it will at least re-affirm the voter's rights. Wisconsin is an indicator - if there's no problem here, there's nothing to worry about. If there is, start looking elsewhere.
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 09:50:59 AM »

Lothal1
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 10:08:52 AM »

Voter ID is not voter supression.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2016, 10:37:51 AM »

While your main point that the whole "VOTER FRAUD!!1!1!" thing is really annoying, Alton, I think that this recount is not bad. For the voter's sake, at least, considering Republican voter suppression efforts were very active in Wisconsin. I highly doubt this will change anything, but if it does, it will at least re-affirm the voter's rights. Wisconsin is an indicator - if there's no problem here, there's nothing to worry about. If there is, start looking elsewhere.

What does any of this have to do with voter suppression, though?  I assume by "voter suppression" you're referring to Crosscheck and ID laws...but that doesn't really relate to the recount at all.  I agree there's nothing wrong with the recount itself.  But you seem to be suggesting you think there's a compelling reason to believe there might be something suspect going on, based on your belief that Wisconsin would be a leading indicator.  That's the thing I have a problem with.  I don't see a compelling case for that belief.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2016, 10:57:50 AM »

What does any of this have to do with voter suppression, though?  I assume by "voter suppression" you're referring to Crosscheck and ID laws...but that doesn't really relate to the recount at all.  I agree there's nothing wrong with the recount itself.  But you seem to be suggesting you think there's a compelling reason to believe there might be something suspect going on, based on your belief that Wisconsin would be a leading indicator.  That's the thing I have a problem with.  I don't see a compelling case for that belief.

Then shouldn't you be applauding the recount, because when it comes back that Trump really did win and at most Hillary eats into his margins by a few hundred votes, that puts all this "controversy" to rest?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2016, 12:42:37 PM »

Then shouldn't you be applauding the recount, because when it comes back that Trump really did win and at most Hillary eats into his margins by a few hundred votes, that puts all this "controversy" to rest?

Tolerating, sure, but applauding?  The recount is a byproduct of irrationality.  It would be like applauding someone for obsessively-compulsively checking to make sure the oven wasn't on three times before they left their house.  Is that a good thing because they would get irrationally hung-up if it wasn't done?  Not really.  It's symptomatic, not therapeutic.
skoods
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »

Right wingers before the election: "This election is rigged! If my candidate loses narrowly, I'm demanding a challenge and will not accept it!!!"

Right wingers after the election: "The left wingers are lunatics! You lost fair and square!!! Trump wins! MEIN FUHRER!!!!"

Pathetic. And for those to say it "wasn't close." Really?

You're going to end up getting over 3 million fewer votes than the Democratic candidate, so maybe you're the lunatics for insinuating that the will of the people be ignored!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2016, 02:01:31 PM »

Right wingers before the election: "This election is rigged! If my candidate loses narrowly, I'm demanding a challenge and will not accept it!!!"

Right wingers after the election: "The left wingers are lunatics! You lost fair and square!!! Trump wins! MEIN FUHRER!!!!"

You're going to end up getting over 3 million fewer votes than the Democratic candidate, so maybe you're the lunatics for insinuating that the will of the people be ignored!

Why is it not comparably hypocritical that many Democrats were loudly concerned about delegitimizing the electoral process, and are now forwarding this recount stuff?  Why is one drawing your ire but the other not?
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2016, 02:44:08 PM »

You know, the 2000 election was decided by just over 300 votes or so.  THAT was a close one...this election was not.  So yes, "really".  Smiley
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2016, 03:08:12 PM »

Official Wisconsin Count

Trump 1 404 000
Clinton 1 381 823
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies