India decriminalizes homosexual sex (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:14:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  India decriminalizes homosexual sex (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: India decriminalizes homosexual sex  (Read 2382 times)
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« on: July 03, 2009, 05:24:41 AM »

If some american religious-conservatives could pass a law that sentences to death any person who had homosexual sex, they would do it. Because they are crazy, as were the men who killed this doctor who practised abortions in Kansas.

No.  What in the world gives you that idea?
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 06:09:40 AM »

If some american religious-conservatives could pass a law that sentences to death any person who had homosexual sex, they would do it. Because they are crazy, as were the men who killed this doctor who practised abortions in Kansas.

You'd never find anywhere near a majority for that anywhere in the U.S..

That's why I used the word "if".

Well sure, you'll always find a couple of people who'll support anything, right?

Just as you'll find a considerable amount of people that voted for Le Pen in 2002.

Does that mean I should say "if some French fascists could pass a law that kills every immigrant, they would do it"?

Yes, you should. What I meant is that there are dangerous reactionnaries in every country. Obviously that's not the same in Europe or in USA than in less developped countries, but look at the french and italian laws against immigration, and you will see that's not so far from your statement.

How so?  Are you equating tougher standards for immigration with murder, or are you actually arguing that there are members of the French and Italian Parliaments who support the physical harm of immigrants?  The former makes no sense at all, and I'd like names if it's the latter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies