BREAKING: SCOTUS reinstates remain in Mexico policy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 12:29:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  BREAKING: SCOTUS reinstates remain in Mexico policy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: SCOTUS reinstates remain in Mexico policy  (Read 2235 times)
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« on: August 26, 2021, 10:47:41 AM »

Can anyone who doesn't write like an aspiring lawyer decode the above?

With a little (or rather a lot of) patience. It could be condensed into one sentence, but I do suspect it's done like that on purpose...
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 02:02:58 PM »

Can anyone who doesn't write like an aspiring lawyer decode the above?

With a little (or rather a lot of) patience. It could be condensed into one sentence, but I do suspect it's done like that on purpose...

No need to be rude about it, but if y'all insist, then I so deeply apologize that just one paragraph concerning some nuanced complexities of statutory & administrative law were evidently a bit too much for y'all. In any event, executive orders are one thing & agency actions are another; the former don't need to be compliant with the APA, while the latter must be, & because - in both Trump's DACA case & this one - they weren't, the courts shut it down & say that they have to start over.

Any more legal nuances that y'all need dumbed-down on the... *checks notes* ... oh yeah, the Constitution & Law board!?

We were fairly obviously not referring to the complexity of the legal issue but the unnecessary impenetrability of the writing. You may invoke Pascal and say you did not have time to make it shorter. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies