Specter to switch parties (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:16:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Specter to switch parties (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Specter to switch parties  (Read 42501 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
« on: April 28, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In the sense that the GOP has finally rid itself of a scumbag, then yes.

But as long as boobs (Cornyn, McConnell, Boehner, and Steele) continue to run the party, then the bottom of its electoral votes won't be seen for years out.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:53:02 PM »

The Facebook and Conservative website comments are amazing.  Our own activists want to give away Snowe, Collins, McCain, Alexander, Gov. Schwarzenegger, to the Dems.

This is insanity.

Actually, it is quite rational, if misguided, when you consider the reason why.

It is really an internal civil war between the GOP establishment and its own voters.

The GOP base (I'm damned tired of that word) wants to ensure that the establishment will never "force" them into supporting another compromising, socially liberal John McCain type again. Or be "tricked" into embracing a big-spending, talk-right-but-govern-left establishment Republican like G W Bush and Schwarzenegger. They are pre-emptively eliminating threats before they can reach the level of Republican standard-bearers.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 12:58:51 PM »

The Facebook and Conservative website comments are amazing.  Our own activists want to give away Snowe, Collins, McCain, Alexander, Gov. Schwarzenegger, to the Dems.

This is insanity.

Actually, it is quite rational, if misguided, when you consider the reason why.

It is really an internal civil war between the GOP establishment and its own voters.

The GOP base (I'm damned tired of that word) wants to ensure that the establishment will never "force" them into supporting another compromising, socially liberal John McCain type again. Or be "tricked" into embracing a big-spending, talk-right-but-govern-left establishment Republican like G W Bush and Schwarzenegger. They are pre-emptively eliminating threats before they can reach the level of Republican standard-bearers.

Keep pissing on your moderates.  Do you want to be a permanent minority?

I'm only stating my observation the situation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies