Is "basket of deplorables" Hillary's 47% moment? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:03:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is "basket of deplorables" Hillary's 47% moment? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 233

Author Topic: Is "basket of deplorables" Hillary's 47% moment?  (Read 23876 times)
Reginald
« on: September 10, 2016, 04:04:27 PM »

Not sure. It's pretty bold, especially for this particular campaign. Like, it should go without saying that all of this was pretty clearly premeditated. Let's not forget that this is Hillary Clinton.

Her """"""backtrack"""""" is only for that minor "half" detail. "Okay I didn't mean that literally half of Trump's supporters are terrible people, but now that you're listening let me pontificate for a moment."

Plus, "basket of deplorables" is such a strange turn of phrase; she wants this to be remembered. Not exactly trying to whisper this in secret to her donors. My guess is she's trying a few things at once here: galvanize the base, test this line of attack with undecideds and the more ambiguous "educated whites" section of her support, and make it more likely she gets asked about this type of thing at the debates, where she has the opportunity to more consequentially make her point. It is risky for sure though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies