I hate to do this, but... [Attention Whoring] Our cat died, and it was my fault (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:21:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I hate to do this, but... [Attention Whoring] Our cat died, and it was my fault (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I hate to do this, but... [Attention Whoring] Our cat died, and it was my fault  (Read 3238 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: June 01, 2015, 01:09:20 AM »

I hate attention whoring, but I really have to get this off my chest.

Last week I bought some flowers for my wife, to welcome her home after a brief trip to Texas.  Among them was a white lily.  As with any flowers I bring her, she placed the vase high up on the mantel where our four-year-old cat Twiggy can't get to them.

After a couple days, the lily wilted, and the petals fell off onto the floor.  Twiggy got at them.

On Thursday night she stopped eating and drinking, and Friday she started vomiting the entire day.  By Saturday we took her to the vet, who told us that lilies are toxic to cats, and gave her some meds to hopefully flush it all out.

Today there was little improvement (although the vomiting stopped), so we took her back for more tests, and discovered that she had suffered permanent kidney damage.  Later in the day she suffered a seizure, indicating the toxins had passed into her brain.  Knowing there was little hope left, we made the decision to end things.  We're both just miserable right now.

I'm not really asking for sympathy, but I just wanted to warn you guys if you didn't already know, please keep your cats far away from lilies.  I had no idea, which is why I feel just utterly terrible.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 10:59:10 PM »

Thanks, you guys.  Your kind words mean a lot, and I'm glad I was able to warn a few other cat owners as well.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies