What controversial political leader do you see in a positive light that most don't and why? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 12:41:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What controversial political leader do you see in a positive light that most don't and why? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What controversial political leader do you see in a positive light that most don't and why?  (Read 859 times)
Pro-Israel, anti-Bibi
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: August 17, 2021, 12:56:00 PM »

Jeremy Corbyn.

To me, he's one of the best and most selfless British politicians ever. He represents a generation of Labour people connected to the working class origins of the party - people like Dennis Skinner and Tony Benn. His plan was to fundamentally address the forgotten people and regions of the UK, and the significant issues of inequality that have arisen in Britain as of late - things like the unprecedented housing crisis, energy costs, and so on. David Cameron was letting people freeze to death in their houses because his government deemed them unfit to receive benefits.
As for the Big Lie, I'll never forget people like Bret Stephens, a racist and a neocon, using false accusations to erode his support. I can only imagine him roaring with laughter as he wrote the subheader for his op-ed in the formerly credible New York Times: "the only thing necessary for the bigoted to be normalized is for the unbigoted to shrug."

In exchange, they got a genuine bigot with a history of classless statements against all kinds of groups! Women, Africans, you name it. Oh, but Corbyn once shook the hands of somebody who had previously stood in front of a mural with controversial imagery, I guess he's the biggest threat to the Jews in history. I don't believe for one second anybody trumpeting this narrative was doing so in good faith.
It's easy to see the contrast between him and Johnson if you look at the history after Britain first started to suffer heavily from COVID. Corbyn, the reviled old man, spent his time volunteering at food drives. Johnson went on holiday and has been doing so ever since.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies