Opinion of Gang Reporting?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:28:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Gang Reporting?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Title
Freedom Practice

Horrible Practice

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Opinion of Gang Reporting?  (Read 333 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2024, 11:23:24 PM »

Hide behind the poll. As for me, it has its uses, but it can also be prone to abuse.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 12:14:13 AM »

From my experience as a former mod, I can say that it doesn't actually do much.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 12:06:14 PM »

It would be obnoxious as a mod, particularly if the content in question doesn't actually break the rules (like the vast majority of reports on my account.)

On a related note. Various internet companies like Meta and Amazon have laid off a lot of their staff that used to deal with moderation so they've replaced them with automated removals: if enough people report something it gets removed no matter what. If not enough do, then it doesn't, even if it is a blatant violation. Apartheid Ken over at Twatter has opted to lay off moderation staff AND ignore reports, which has allowed racism, violent, and disinformation content to flourish.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 12:35:03 PM »

I thought this was going to be about the local press covering organized crime.  If you Google "gang reporting", it is on my train of thought.  WTF are you people talking about?  By reading I can tell it has something to do with moderation at online services that involve people talking to each other, is it done by one person or a group?  'cause if it's not a group it's not well named, if it is group, well that sounds complicated and cruel if you understand how moderation works (at least here).  Do we have a group of thin skinned Jr Mods going around and reporting posts they don't like as a group?  'cause that would be effed up and whatever redavs are doing it should be banned.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 01:21:20 PM »

I thought this was going to be about the local press covering organized crime.  If you Google "gang reporting", it is on my train of thought.  WTF are you people talking about?  By reading I can tell it has something to do with moderation at online services that involve people talking to each other, is it done by one person or a group?  'cause if it's not a group it's not well named, if it is group, well that sounds complicated and cruel if you understand how moderation works (at least here).  Do we have a group of thin skinned Jr Mods going around and reporting posts they don't like as a group

Yeah, I’m also confused by the term. I hadn’t heard about gangs of red avatars flowing over the borders using the report feature en masse.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 11:02:24 AM »

what's brackin!!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2024, 08:28:29 PM »

can the OP (or anyone else that understands what's going on) return and explain please?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies