Write-In Campaign: Let's Keep North in the North! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:44:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Write-In Campaign: Let's Keep North in the North! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Write-In Campaign: Let's Keep North in the North!  (Read 476 times)
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: 0.43

« on: February 14, 2017, 02:09:26 AM »
« edited: February 14, 2017, 02:59:54 AM by vote for pedro »

Northern Voters and Citizens. This Weekend we will vote on an amendment to rename the North.

You will be presented with the names of two politicians and "Atlantic Union" as your only options.  If those are the only choices, I prefer to keep the name "North."
There is only one name that can keep the North's rightful place on the Map: That name is North!

Please join me this weekend by writing in "Northern Region" on your ballot.  Thank you, Pedro.
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 04:31:29 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 04:40:29 AM by vote for pedro »

There should have been a separate poll or vote to determine the public's favorite alternative name.  Then a ballot measure "Do you support changing the region's name to (public favorite)?" yes or no.

Right now it is "The government has decided that you will change your name.  Choose one of these 3 government approved choices.  Keeping your name is not an option.  Write ins are not allowed."

vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:05:58 PM »

Is the write-in "North" or "northern region".
I will write both first and second preference just to be sure.

According to the Constitution of the Northern Region, we are the "People of the Northern Region."
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 06:16:48 PM »

As Lt. Governor, I decided to delay the ballot referendums (name change + two constitutional amendments) until this week because I didn't want to have three voting booths open at once. I'm sure it has caused literally no one any inconvenience to wait an extra week to vote on this referendum.

So we only follow the Constitution of the Northern Region when it is convenient?

I guess the People of the Northern Region are lucky to have a constitution at all.  The future residents of Franklin, or Lincoln, or Atlantic Union may not be so lucky.  What is to prevent our incoming government from declaring the constitution no longer applies since there is no more Northern Region?

Of course our Constitution can be amended.  There is a process for it, but the process must be followed.

vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 08:10:24 PM »

So I guess it's not so much renaming the region as it is giving it a nickname?  Either way, this is a really silly thing to get up in arms about.

Don't you people realize there's fluoride in our water that's turning frogs gay?  Bet you didn't think about that.  You only think of yourself.

Thank you, Your Highness.

Is that how you feel about all your subjects, or just the ones who dare speak out when the government ignores the constitution?  I'm offended you didn't include a tinfoil hat insult, btw. Tongue

I'll go back to minding my own business.  I'm sure you guys will think about following the constitution if something important comes up. Cool

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies