Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:32:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration  (Read 216522 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« on: January 21, 2017, 09:17:29 PM »

Confused at why Pence did better in Maine than Trump. Nevada and Minnesota are also a bit odd, though I can rationalize NV, somewhat, because of course Pence would do better with Hispanics.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 06:08:37 PM »

You have crafted a superb timeline, but I think you have Cordray all wrong.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »

Thank you for the kind words. Out of curiosity, how so on Cordray?
The Ohio Democrats he shares infrastructure with back home in Columbus/Franklin County are ... part of a wing that doesn't seem to currently have a national group. So it's a little hard to explain. Suffice it to say he's generally more allied with conservative Democrats back home and not liberals/populists. Which isn't to say he hasn't done a good job as Director over at the CFPB, but extrapolating that outwards and upwards, I don't think he's fit to be the uniter this timeline suggests.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 05:45:05 PM »

The Ohio Democrats he shares infrastructure with back home in Columbus/Franklin County are ... part of a wing that doesn't seem to currently have a national group. So it's a little hard to explain. Suffice it to say he's generally more allied with conservative Democrats back home and not liberals/populists. Which isn't to say he hasn't done a good job as Director over at the CFPB, but extrapolating that outwards and upwards, I don't think he's fit to be the uniter this timeline suggests.

I've sort of read about that. I don't know if it will be Cordray exactly but he fits the kinda profile of the likely next Democratic President (in my mind anyway) so I went with it, if that makes sense?
Sure. The mold you've envisioned makes sense, I just think the man chosen doesn't fit.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 06:23:38 PM »

I've sort of read about that. I don't know if it will be Cordray exactly but he fits the kinda profile of the likely next Democratic President (in my mind anyway) so I went with it, if that makes sense?
Sure. The mold you've envisioned makes sense, I just think the man chosen doesn't fit.

Any other Ohioans or Midwesterners you would have suggested? I'm curious since I want to see if I overlooked anyone in my research.
Well, I suppose they don't have to be in statewide office yet, so maybe Tim Ryan if he winds up running for Governor (which I'm doubtful of) or Buttigieg. Don't know Michigan too well, but I also guess how you define "the Midwest." Are we talking about the Rustbelt, which includes, Pennsylvania, which is really part of the Northeast, or more of the plain-like States? Not that I expect a Democratic President coming out of South Dakota any time soon...
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »

So BuckeyeNut gonna be a nut about the Buckeye state, especially since The God of the West is willing to go in deep down ticket. (And I can't find answers to these questions.)

1: Who was Cordray's Lt. Governor?
2: Did Cordray's Lt. Governor succeed at running for re-election in 2026? 2030? (Ohio hasn't had 3 or more terms of Democratic governance since the '30's.)
3: Did Sherrod Brown run for re-election in 2024, or did he step down? I think we know a Democrat won that election, but who?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 09:18:59 PM »

Don't mean to be rude, but I hope this isn't overlooked in the flurry of activity and back-and-forth about Illinois tonight. Smiley

So BuckeyeNut gonna be a nut about the Buckeye state, especially since The God of the West is willing to go in deep down ticket. (And I can't find answers to these questions.)

2: Did Cordray's Lt. Governor succeed at running for re-election in 2026? 2030? (Ohio hasn't had 3 or more terms of Democratic governance since the '30's.)
3: Did Sherrod Brown run for re-election in 2024, or did he step down? I think we know a Democrat won that election, but who?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 09:31:34 PM »

Don't mean to be rude, but I hope this isn't overlooked in the flurry of activity and back-and-forth about Illinois tonight. Smiley

I'm waiting to post further write-ups til' tomorrow, but all will be answered.

Take your time, I'll be looking forward to it!
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »

Huzzah! Beautiful write up, Ted Bessell. And frankly, pretty believable.

Still curious about who replaced Sherrod in the Senate (unless he becomes the 2nd 4 term Senator from Ohio, ever) when Cordray carries the State in 2024. But that's a subject that can definitely be deferred in favor of other's requests. Smiley
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »

Huzzah! Beautiful write up, Ted Bessell. And frankly, pretty believable.

Still curious about who replaced Sherrod in the Senate (unless he becomes the 2nd 4 term Senator from Ohio, ever) when Cordray carries the State in 2024. But that's a subject that can definitely be deferred in favor of other's requests. Smiley

I'm not going to do a huge write-up of that, but since Tim Ryan is Speaker of the House, we'll say that Dave Leland wins comfortably but loses reelection in the 2030 wave.

A name's just fine.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 06:54:22 PM »

Sorry to TD, but it looks like Cordray has passed on running.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 01:13:51 PM »

It is very unlikely Cordray -- or any Democrat -- is elected Governor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies