When 2020 Election Deniers Become Elections Officials (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:00:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  When 2020 Election Deniers Become Elections Officials (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When 2020 Election Deniers Become Elections Officials  (Read 1792 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: August 31, 2022, 06:57:12 PM »

These races have me really worried this year, especially in Arizona where Finchem might be the most fringe candidate to be nominated this year, anywhere, and that's saying a lot.

I'm hoping that the aftermath of the 2020 election with the denials and efforts to overturn it have helped Americans previously unfamiliar with the position to understand how impactful it can be now that some of the worst people possible are vying for the position. I want to say that Raffensperger's success in the Georgia primary might be a sign that this is happening, but I can't be sure unless Democrats win every single one of these races in major battleground states.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 05:38:42 PM »

The ones I'm most worried about are Finchem, Karamo and Lake

Don't forget about Marchant in Nevada.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 06:06:46 PM »

2020 election deniers who advocated putting on an alternate slate of electors for Trump are leading in their respective secretary of state races in Nevada and Arizona:

These races really are as important as any gubernatorial or Senate race. And I hope that Democratic investment in these races makes a difference in helping voters realize what the Secretary of State office is and why it's so important these days. If it doesn't work then it's hopeless and the voters who need to be paying attention to these races never will. It's so frustrating, and very akin to why Democrats struggle to win state legislature elections too. All elections matter, not just the high-profile ones and we might learn that lesson in the harshest way possible.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies