Regarding the current secession movement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:22:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regarding the current secession movement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regarding the current secession movement  (Read 4404 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 23, 2011, 11:12:59 PM »

There is no policy of activity that can be pursued by any one politician to solve the problem. Activity is something that occurs, when people arouse to political motivation and push for something aggressively. The something can be anything from economic/social justice, to ensuring everyone has access to free cocaine.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »

Cathcon, such a grand scenario would never be possible. Even if the GM were to incorporate it into the game, there is no way that enough people would take it seriously and play along. Certainly the policy wonks would be all in a tizzy and the economics only people as well. Soon you got half the game playing Civil War Redux, and the other half going business as usuall.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 08:40:15 PM »

Cathcon, such a grand scenario would never be possible. Even if the GM were to incorporate it into the game, there is no way that enough people would take it seriously and play along. Certainly the policy wonks would be all in a tizzy and the economics only people as well. Soon you got half the game playing Civil War Redux, and the other half going business as usuall.

Awww man! I was hoping to be part of one of the most epic events in all Atlasian history! It would be sweet to see ripple effects (I myself had planned on publishing "Cathcon's War Journal") and the like, plus Reconstruction. I guess not. Cry

Watch your quote boxes, man!!! Tongue

It would be fun, I'll admit, but it just isn't practical.

Now a foreign war, might be. Fewer domestic disturbances, no treason trials and execution squad (just because the American Civil ended without these, doesn't mean Atlasia's would you know. Wink ), and thus probably more cooperation as a result.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies